What are these chords?

takesuoutswitch

Reaction score
0235 I'm guessing is a G5 or a G power chord...?

and what is 0234? Thank you!

Last edited:
0235 is a G. GDGD root and fifth, or a G power chord. Search in UU Uke Lessons vids for Aldrine showing it's use in Green Day's 'Time of Your Life'. It works really well in the progression he shows - G Cadd9 D.

0234 is GDGDb. Hmm, I need to put my thinking head on for that. If we're talking the key of G it's the G power chord plus the flat fifth, - you don't have a third in the chord. Is it used in the same progression the 0235 is used? or is this a purely hypothetical? If it's not in a G progression it cold theoretically be something else a bit weird. Better heads than mine (mine has +beer) will give a better answer.

Here's a cool site that could help in the future. The cord namer page lets you select the string and fret positions and identifies the chord for you.

http://ukebuddy.com/

OOPS, didn't work for the chords you listed.

Last edited:
0234? Other than kind of bad sounding?? Seriously, Can't imagine using that one. But then you never know or sure.

Sounds like something from the Deadwood Theme.

The 0234 would be part of an A13 or Em13 chord - so says my reverse chord finder.

Of course, you almost never see the 13 chord used because it's basically every note in the diatonic scale all crammed together and it doesn't sound that great. So, unless you're just hitting that C# as a passing note on your way to a different chord you probably wouldn't see the 0234 used.

John

That 0234sounds like a the opening chord in Joe Satriani's Lord's of Karma from Surfing with the Alien. I used to have the (guitar!) tab for it so will dig it out. If played with the (e.g D) an octave lower and then the e.g. Db above it jars but can be resolved quite nicely.

Top Bottom