Convince Me To Buy....

mendel

Reaction score
I have a $50 gift card expiring at the end of the month. I'm looking to use the card to buy some Uke stuff. Convince me, UU brethren... What should I purchase?

I'm already getting a new Uke.
Just ordered Fretboard Roadmap.
Already have a case I really like for my current Uke.

(realizing how fortunate I am)

What should I get? I was thinking about ordering a passive pickup and just shipping it to my luthier to put under the saddle on my new Uke. What say you???

Sandals, Beer and a trip to the beach?

Lol!!! I have sandals on now. I'm about 10 minutes or so away from the beach. Living in South Florida, I take that for granted. What about Uke stuff????

How's about a nice strap and some spare strings? Maybe a stand or two for the growing family?!
Wish I was in sandals!!!

The tuners you always wanted? Tuner buttons to bling up your uke? An good electronic tuner? If your local Luther takes gift cards, have him/her install ya a cool custom inlay..

Then again, $50 can get ya a couple cases of really good import beer...

How about extra strings... music stand...uke stand... a makala dolphin to have a spare uke for someone that may want to strum with you at school... Or get the pick up if you really want it.. Aren't choices wonderful!?

Get a Dolphin. Can't have too many in festive decorator colors lying around to encourage the off the cuff jam session...

Humidifier... I like the Oasis ones the best, The Daily Ukulele Songbook, electronic tuner (for sure) if you don't already have one, music stand.

–Lori

Humidifier... I like the Oasis ones the best, The Daily Ukulele Songbook, electronic tuner (for sure) if you don't already have one, music stand.

–Lori

I was going to recommend an Oasis humidifier among other things too Lori. Until I saw that he lives in South Florida. How about a dehumidifier?:)

I was going to recommend an Oasis humidifier among other things too Lori. Until I saw that he lives in South Florida. How about a dehumidifier?:)

Floridians who live with their ukuleles in air conditioning need humidifiers. Air conditioned air is dry air.

The air conditioned air is dry, but as a result of the outside world, the interior of our homes is still very humid. The only time it gets dry inside are the one or two nights each year when some people turn on the heat.

I already have a tuner. I don't really need a music stand. I am still not sure what to buy. The Makala idea is tempting. So is the passive pickup. I'm just not sure.

Good uke books. John King Solos and Duets and the new Daily Ukulele Songbook are two that come to mind.
Regards,
Ray

+1 on the Tuna, or a Bill Tapia or Ohta-san CD. You will be inspired. Bill Tapia is 103 and still doing it. You gotta love that.

You could stock up on extra strings. Otherwise, if they've got the Fender/Meguiar's 3 stage guitar cleaning kit, it works wonders on ukuleles. That runs for about $25, IIRC.

I think they meant uke stands, not music stands. They're really handy, and very nice if you have to set your uke down for a minute so you can grab a beer and your sandals and walk to the beach!

Lol!! I have an infant, soonto be toddler in the house. I'm not putting anything on the floor!!! I'll have to hang them for a while yet. For his second birthday, i already plan to get him. Makala. That's still a ways off though.

Top Bottom