WOSUP - West Of Scotland Ukulele Players, Glasgow based

Zukester

Reaction score
I'm starting a group in Glasgow - first meetup 27th January 2011 at Cafe Hula :D - 321 Hope Street, Glasgow at 7:30

hopefully once a month or more frequently if there's more call for it!

see our group on Facebook - WOSUP or message me here if you want more info

What a great name-WOSUP!!!! I do some work as a piper here in the states and love playing Scottish fiddle tunes on violin and can play many on uke-a bit slower though-Fairy Dance, Lourdes something and Braes, Callipe House, Frank's, Mason's apron. Do you guys do any Scot's tunes? I'd love to come to one of your sessions.

haven't had a meetup yet - you want to come along this thursday?
I've been learning a few traditional songs via Glasgow Fiddle Workshop - Stronsay Wedding, Egan's Polka, Fairy Lullaby etc, just chords mind you...
glad you like the name - a real eureka moment!
If you're having any difficulty finding the group on facebook (appears to be an issue) message me via UU - are you based in Scotland?

Can you give the Facebook link please.

facebook being really difficult - no-one can find group for some reason!

Find me - Debbie Tennent, can't add link just now (at work - shhhhh)

details above of our meet up tonight, come along if you can make it

Debbie,

Has the Glasgow club got off the ground yet? I will be back in Glasgow for a holiday in June and would love to come along and support you. As a noobie (old but enthusiastic) I might even have learned how to play a toon by then. Should I pack my uke on the flight?

Hiya I heard of your group through the last set you did at the Concrete Garden/Depot Arts a few months ago. My wife raved about you. I hear you are playing at the launch of Depot Arts new offices in Possil tomorrow. I play the uke and am interest in coming along to your group meetings. Do you mind if I bring my uke along to your set tomorrow and maybe join in and have a jam session if you have time.

When does your group meet next as I'd love to come along.

Best wishes.

BRS

Bettongs

I'm starting a group in Glasgow - first meetup 27th January 2011 at Cafe Hula :D - 321 Hope Street, Glasgow at 7:30

hopefully once a month or more frequently if there's more call for it!

see our group on Facebook - WOSUP or message me here if you want more info

Trying to find out if there is any ukelele club nights in Glasgow. Thanks. John.

Hi guys

I reckon your best chance of catching up with Debbie & the WOSUPs will be via their Youtube Page! Leave a message/comments & hopefully they will receive them! Her contact details may have changed since her posts here

http://www.youtube.com/user/WOSUPVids/videos

Good luck - hope you can join up & have some fun with them!

Roberta

Top Bottom