Morning Has Broken

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Here's an instrumental version of one of my favorite old hymns. I wish I could do something about my breathing! There's more grunts in this than an Ian Anderson flute solo!

I tried to get some triplet/fan strums in there, but I'm afraid I wasn't very consistent.

Hey Chris, that was great! That Martin sounds like a ukulele too! Seems like a lot of players out there want a uke that sounds like a guitar! Nice job

Hey Chris, that was great! That Martin sounds like a ukulele too! Seems like a lot of players out there want a uke that sounds like a guitar! Nice job

That's why pretty much the only ukes I play are sopranos. I really love the way they sound, look, and feel.

Aloha Chris,
Thanks for the video, yeah I haven't kept up with my triple strums, it feels so unnatural for me...glad to see you're giving it a go..and progressing...Thanks for sharing....MM Stan

Aloha Chris, that was really great. Thanks for sharing, happy strumming.

That was awesome, Yusef. Keep 'em coming, dude.

There's more grunts in this than an Ian Anderson flute solo!

:biglaugh:

Thanks for posting that. Very nice job, indeed! Now I have another old favorite to try to master on these dreary winter days. And I agree, the soprano is the best..

Really nice job, Chris. I've been fooling around with my granddaughter's soprano and thinking I might have to break down and get one for myself. The fingerboard is pretty crowded for me but they certainly sound more "ukey" than others.

John

PS - not bad for a bass player... LOL

Very nice Chris! Well done. I have always liked that song too, and it is so nice on the ukulele. Nice arrangement too.

–Lori

Great job Chris!

That was great. Morning Has Broken is one of my favorites too. I am learning the 3 chord version. Maybe someday...
Roxhum

That was very good!!! Thanks for posting it!!!

Good goin Chris, some fine pik'n, the fan stroke will get better but I say on the whole it was excellent. I love that song and you did it very nicely:) I would love to play like you some day.
DAP

Top Bottom