Ravel and Bach

Aloha It's me,
Just love the classical stuff.....I should be really trying to play a little of that stuff again...and enrich myself....Thanks for sharing....MM Stan

Thank you for sharing these. They are wonderful. I will definitely be adding these to the collection.
Regards,
Ray

Thanks for the post Itsme. I wish I could just buy a CD as well.

I think you'll find that Ravel was not a dentist from Minnesota.
You funnay. Yeah, I realized my sentence structure wasn't correct. On the intarwebs I'm often somewhat lax. How's this:

"I came across this collection of Ravel pieces played on uke and guitar by Daniel Estrem, a dentist from Minnesota."

I wish I could just buy a CD as well.
I did end up buying and downloading both the Bach and Ravel albums, now I just gotta get them burned (together they're ~200 megs so should both fit on one CD) and figure out how to get all the track info to fit into a CD case without needing a magnifying glass to read it. The Bach is 32 tracks so that'll end up being some small print even if I make it two columns.

Funny thing is, I listen to classical guitar CDs in the car all the time, and I'll pretty much know the tunes and set list on a CD by heart, but since I rarely look at the covers, I often don't know the names/composers of the tunes even when they're familiar CG "warhorses."

i only care about the bach-for-uke arrangements... i guess i'll start downloading and take my chances. btw, i joined the classical uker group, but how do i get there from the forum (besides using your link )?

i only care about the bach-for-uke arrangements... i guess i'll start downloading and take my chances. btw, i joined the classical uker group, but how do i get there from the forum (besides using your link )?
You should be able to go to your profile and see the group listed there to click on.

All righty! Got hubby to burn the discs for me, but they had to be converted from mp3 format to something recognizable by my car CD player.

Windows Media Player to the rescue! He tried some weird codex program he had that wasn't doing the trick. Sometimes the built-in Windows programs can do more than we think, like Windows Movie Maker.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5110499_convert-mp-audio-cd-format.html

You funnay. Yeah, I realized my sentence structure wasn't correct. On the intarwebs I'm often somewhat lax. How's this:

"I came across this collection of Ravel pieces played on uke and guitar by Daniel Estrem, a dentist from Minnesota."

Sorry. I came across your post hot on the heels of a friend on Facebook, due to sentence structure, claiming to be able cook sausages on newly cut grass. Guess I felt on a roll. Rolling finished. Apologies. I LOVE Ravel. Bach could write some pretty good stuff, too. ;p

Thanks very much for this.

Sorry. I came across your post hot on the heels of a friend on Facebook, due to sentence structure, claiming to be able cook sausages on newly cut grass. Guess I felt on a roll. Rolling finished. Apologies. I LOVE Ravel. Bach could write some pretty good stuff, too. ;p

Thanks very much for this.
No worries, my friend. :)

And if anyone wants them, I made printable tune lists for both albums to fit into a CD case. My solution for the Bach (because it was so many tracks) was to make a foldable copy where 1-16 is listed on one side and 17-32 on the other. All I really wanted was to be able to identify a track if I wanted to.

Top Bottom