tuner?

vince726

Reaction score
Hello, well I think I will be buying the Lanikia lu-21t, it was that one or the Kala ka-t and Im leaning towards the Lanikia..But anyways what would be a good tuner to buy? Thanks and Im looking forward to playing the UKE.

mm stan recommended a Cherub WST 550c tuner to me. Mant people seem to like snarks. I'd recommend buying from Music Guy Mic on ebay... I got my Lanikai LU 21 concert from him - it came all set up w/ Aquila strings, a gig bag, and a clip-on tuner. He's like a fairy godfather for noobs! It's great to have something playable right out of the box.

EDIT: This is the tuner I have, which came w/ my uke. I haven't tried others, but I do like this one. Very small, fits nicely in my case, and easy to use. http://www.amazon.com/KALA-Kala-KC02-Clip-on-Tuner/dp/B003YVRBQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1294582768&sr=1-1

Last edited:
I have that Kala one too - highly recommended

I would recommend an online tuner, to get the ear trained in pitch difference, tunong by ear is the a very good training.

I used a Korg clip-on tuner for awhile and was happy with it. Very recently I decided to upgrade to a Peterson StroboClip and my ukes have never sounded sweeter. The StroboClip is expensive but it includes Peterson's "Sweetened tunings" (including a sweetened uke tuning) which sound great.

The Snark is fast becoming the fav. $13

+1

Snarky is my favorite. I had a Kala tuner and a Intelli 500 and neither comes close to the speed of the Snark. Plus the Snark works great with my bass and it looks sooo cool in both blue and red. Love it.

I like my Cherub for it's size, features, and its easy to use digital readout...fast and accurate...Perrrrfect....

I have an Itelli clip-on one that works fabulously...I had it on my amazon wish list and subsequently got it for Christmas. I think on amazon it is around $15.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be getting a snark for my uke too.

mm stan recommended a Cherub WST 550c tuner to me. Mant people seem to like snarks. I'd recommend buying from Music Guy Mic on ebay... I got my Lanikai LU 21 concert from him - it came all set up w/ Aquila strings, a gig bag, and a clip-on tuner. He's like a fairy godfather for noobs! It's great to have something playable right out of the box.

EDIT: This is the tuner I have, which came w/ my uke. I haven't tried others, but I do like this one. Very small, fits nicely in my case, and easy to use. http://www.amazon.com/KALA-Kala-KC02-Clip-on-Tuner/dp/B003YVRBQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1294582768&sr=1-1

Yes, I have 2 of these tuners and they are very easy to use and work quite well. Plus, deal with MGM and your uke will be all set up and ready to play!

Top Bottom