I played with a Mexican Mariachi Band!!!! :D

Reaction score
So, just thought I'd throw this out there...

Yesterday, a Mexican Mariachi band came to my house for my Grandma's surprise birthday (just to let you know, I am Spanish...it was awesome!!). I have never gotten this close to a Mariachi band and I was absolutely thrilled!! The guitarist was playing a spanish classical guitar but I called it a Spanish Ukulele (smaller than your average spanish classical guitar if you ask me from what I've seen!). Anyway, I was SO tempted to just get up and play with them even though they were getting paid for being here. :p I mean, can't hurt anyone right??

Well, I took my temptation and ran to my room and as they were leaving..I couldn't just let them leave like that. I grabbed Bea (my uke) and excitedly showed them that I play! The singer was SO shocked and he agreed that we should come back inside to the house just for one more song...but feature me as the "new addition"!! We decided to play my Grandma's favorite song..."La Bamba". My Grandma, as if she wasn't crying enough already from happiness, was in the clouds as she watched her granddaughter play for her!! She adores my musical skills and I'm so glad I got to play AND give her a nice little last-minute surprise!!

While playing with the Mariachi band the singer put his Mexican hat on top of my head....LOL!! Let me tell you, for the major health stuff I go through daily, just this little thing was enough to make my week if not longer!!! I even got a picture for you all! :eek:

16827749620301902783840.jpg

Hehehe! SO exciting!! :eek: Sorry for the brief excitement shouting..

Love, hugs, and uke strums!!
*Caroline*

Aww, so cute! Wish someone had done a video...maybe next time!

Aloha Caroline,
That was a nice story and glad you had a chance to play with the mariachi band and surprise your grandmother and family....I'm sure they
were very proud of you, I can see their faces...WOW!!! too bad nobody had a video girl......shucks...Thanks for sharing!! Happy strummings...MM Stan

Last edited:
Wow... How fun!

How fun. I know it is a little bit crazy but something like that can be so thrilling. Thanks for sharing.
Roxhum

wow, so awesome Caroline. That would have been so much fun, and for your nana to see you up there with those guys...Congratulations mate. And all power to you for having the courage to get up there with them and play. You couldn't have given your nana a better birthday present! Thanks for sharing the story and your picture mate! :)

Top Bottom