New Uke #3

freedive135

Reaction score
Hi I'm Scott and I'm a ukeaholic.
I started 6 weeks ago and can't stop.
I don't need help I can stop anytime I want!!!!

Went to the local Ukulele store tonight before my lesson to pickup "Ralph Shaw's Strumming DVD" and told myself I cannot buy another uke yet....
I have been drooling over a Koalana Concert and Soprano from day 1.

I got my dvd and strummed the Concert for a while then picked up the Soprano and it sounds Sooooo much smoother than my Johnson does (sounds better with the new strings though).
I figured why not get it..... then I saw the 4in crack down the back.
Well I guess it wasn't ment to be when the store guy handed me a Kala Soprano and said "It matches the Tenor you got two weeks ago and it's a third the price" Had it on sale for 59.00$.

Need I say more.....
Here it is with my Tenor my Johnson has a new home in the car.

Attachments

• IMGP0775.jpg
    IMGP0775.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 83
hahaha. you poor s.o.b. The only cure of course is to buy more. Eventually you will drive yourself into utter poverty, or alienate everyone who has ever loved you. Either way, it will be ok, because you'll still have your ukes.....

hahaha. you poor s.o.b. The only cure of course is to buy more. Eventually you will drive yourself into utter poverty, or alienate everyone who has ever loved you. Either way, it will be ok, because you'll still have your ukes.....

:D:D:D

Sigged. Words to live by.

Hey freedive135,

Together we have the full set, i have the Kala KA-C concert. Well someone just needs to buy the baritone, but thats like the "Special" little(or big in this case) cousin to this line.

you will not regret buying these uke's everyone is a blessing and should be treated at such!

congrats on your good case of UAS sir
Bassukuguy

Last edited:
I would just love to see what would happen if you resided in the 50th state . . . Kamaka, Ko'olau, Kanile'a, GString, KoAloha, Tangi, Moore Bettah, Maui Music, Koa Works, etc.

Last edited:
Sooooo much smoother than my Johnson
That is always a good thing. $9 for a uke??? I wish the people here would come off that "it's a cheap uke, but it's expensive" thing here in Japan. Hardly any real bargain fun to be had... A nice set you have now, the classical high-G/low-G combo!

I love to read the stories of beginning ukulelists sucked into the vortex of uke lust, by the way. Who would hold the record for playing time vs. number of ukes bought???

*raises hand!

36 since the end of March. Although 2 are on the way and I've only kept 3...
Wow, thought I had it bad......7 since January...I know you and your generous heart have given away a few, but where are the rest?

36 since the end of March. Although 2 are on the way and I've only kept 3...

Dude! Since you love to give out the ukes should I just email you my list? Or do you want to surprise me? (there are only three on the list, so it shouldn't be too bad for you).

i got a nice Kala concert (figured mango) a month or so ago, from MusicguyMike on e-blah.

sounds great, it's my everyday player.

strum in good health.

By the way Freedive, that's a pretty pair of babies you've acquired....but yes, you must complete your collection and have one of each voice......it's only right and fair to all the sizes.........and a car uke is a must, you've got that right.

Dude! Since you love to give out the ukes should I just email you my list? Or do you want to surprise me? (there are only three on the list, so it shouldn't be too bad for you).

I'll surprise you. Send me your address.

*googles "naked al roker singing telegram"

oh oh oh oh...I LOVE Al Roker!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you pay him to do this...:nana: That would be sooo hot!!!

Freedive, those are nice ukuleles. I feel your pain about the lack of humidity. Last summer we spent 6 weeks in the mountains near Albuquerque. The lack of humidity and drastic temperature changes was hell on our ukes.

What drove me really crazy was the near-constant tuning...

Be careful what you wish for.........

I'm sending an envelope full of $1 bills with him.

Ok, now everyone at the same time close your eyes and imagine a naked Al Roker standing at your door doing this....:nana:...now picture him doing the same thing while holding your new uke in his right hand.....tell me that's not hot!

Top Bottom