Too Many Ukes! Applause UA-10 soprano FS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Tay81

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm selling my Korean-made Ovation Applause UA-10 soprano ukulele because, frankly, I've ordered two more, and need the space and money to replace the hole in my wallet!

The uke has a solid spruce top, and the traditional Ovation-style plastic rounded bowl. Neither of these has any blemishes or cracks. It is a very solid, well-built ukulele.

The only blemish I could find is a little discoloration on the headstock and on both sides of the saddle/bridge. I frankly don't know what caused either discoloration, but I cannot remove them. It appears to be cosmetic only. I tried to capture both areas, but my photography skills being what they are prevented them from coming out really clearly.

This uke doesn't have any electronics on it, she's purely acoustic. I swapped out the stock D'Addario J65 strings for Fremont Blacklines which I think mellows out the sound a bit. The uke projects pretty well for its size.

Here is a demo of my horrible attempt at Five Foot Two. Please be kind (it's my first upload, and not really that great). Hopefully it gives an idea of the sound of the uke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOgb4mWsx_s

I'm asking $100, shipping included, only to the COUSA, paid via PayPal

I'm also including a pretty nice gigbag with a strap and an external compartment with this ukulele.

Please ask any questions you may have, and PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for looking!

John
100_0780.jpg

(please disregard the time stamp on the pic. I never got around to setting it. Today's date is on the paper in the pic.)

I have also formerly owned one of these UA10s. I ended up selling it to a lady with a young child at home. She wanted something durable that she wouldn't have to worry about her child playing with, and this one fit the bill for her nicely. Might be good for someone else with similar needs. Solidly built instrument and pretty good after you put new strings on it.

I have also formerly owned one of these UA10s. I ended up selling it to a lady with a young child at home. She wanted something durable that she wouldn't have to worry about her child playing with, and this one fit the bill for her nicely. Might be good for someone else with similar needs. Solidly built instrument and pretty good after you put new strings on it.

That's a good point - these ukes are built like tanks. The string change, in my opinion, was a must. The stock strings weren't doing it any justice.

Here's a few more pics...

At the top of the headstock is a little white-colored blemish. I couldn't really capture it well, but it seems to be a discoloration of some sort. It doesn't penetrate the wood or anything.

The other pics were added to show some closeups of the various areas of the uke.

Attachments

• 100_0759.jpg
    100_0759.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0772.jpg
    100_0772.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0776.jpg
    100_0776.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0773.jpg
    100_0773.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
This is probably the hardest time to sell... right after Christmas. People don't have as much cash available.
–Lori

This is probably the hardest time to sell... right after Christmas. People don't have as much cash available.
–Lori

You're probably right. If nobody is interested, I guess I can wait awhile, or put it on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom