PDA

View Full Version : "Ragged But Right"

Hippie Dribble
01-10-2011, 01:11 AM
howdy gang

this is an old folk song I recorded on my little Mya Moe soprano.

"Ragged But Right" is listed as a 'traditional' tune of unknown authorship, but I do know it's been recorded by many people; Johnny Cash, George Jones and Lil' Rev amongst others.

This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPO-3RwyOVo

Hope you enjoy it! :o

fitncrafty
01-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Great Job as usual.. Glad that you aren't holding out on us anymore eugene! Saw your other videos you just put up! Guess your not hung up on the you tube thing anymore!!
Have a great day!

mm stan
01-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Aloha Bruddah Jon,
Busking on the porch, with you favorite pal...the mighty Mya Moe soprano....sounds awesome man.....I see you're really comfortable with it and how smooth you are...I'd say that's you're baby eh???
Nice.....Your playing just blows me away....it a very happy soothing sound...Thanks again for sharing....You've got some range....MM Stan

cletus
01-10-2011, 03:54 AM
Eugene cleans up really nicely!

Tell us more about where you live, if you can. The birds are wonderful.

Cheers!

TCK
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm a rambling gambler and I'm drunk every night...
Eugene, you now have a fan club charter in California. This tune is so dear to me, and you have done it so well.
My hat, rarely off, is off.
You are plagued as I am whenever I do my show. For me it is Starlings...for you I am guessing Loris? Loudest darn birds ever.

bassfiddlesteve
01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Nice playing and very cool tune! Lil Rev did a version of this one his CD "Drop Baby Drop"

- Steve

KamakOzzie
01-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Nice stuff! Throw a dollar in the case for me !
Is that your front porch, or "out back" ???

Bill

soupking
01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Jon, I've seen 'em all, and all of 'em are awesome. Thanks for convincing me to get a Mya-Moe soprano with my deposit- even though I have no business playing a godforsaken soprano!

fitncrafty
01-11-2011, 12:38 AM

Bill

Can you believe that he takes money from his children like that?? ;)

Hippie Dribble
01-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Can you believe that he takes money from his children like that?? ;)

Shucks...looks I've tripped at the first hurdle of movie making...suspension of disbelief!!!! :p

fitncrafty
01-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Shucks...looks I've tripped at the first hurdle of movie making...suspension of disbelief!!!! :p

Still not going to get us to stop watching!! Love the birds and effects... music is great too!

Hippie Dribble
01-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Still not going to get us to stop watching!! Love the birds and effects... music is great too!

Hey Carrie

had some really cool props to use for that song, but everytime we went out to do it the animals'd start going off...first the dogs (ESPECIALLY the rotten dogs..aaaaaargggh!@!!!!), then the chooks, then the bloomin sheep, then the horses...sheeeesh! I thought farm life was s'posed to be peaceful and quiet...not on your life mate!!! So anyway, had to be content with the birds and the back porch ....ummmm...kind of ruined the "hobo busking for his next meal" theme didn't it? :o

fitncrafty
01-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey Carrie

had some really cool props to use for that song, but everytime we went out to do it the animals'd start going off...first the dogs (ESPECIALLY the rotten dogs..aaaaaargggh!@!!!!), then the chooks, then the bloomin sheep, then the horses...sheeeesh! I thought farm life was s'posed to be peaceful and quiet...not on your life mate!!! So anyway, had to be content with the birds and the back porch ....ummmm...kind of ruined the "hobo busking for his next meal" theme didn't it? :o

Nah... We here on UU will keep the secret that you live on a farm! We wont tell anyone.. soon your videos will go viral all over the internet.. just you wait! So have fun filming we are all enjoying it!

cletus
01-11-2011, 03:30 AM
soon your videos will go viral all over the internet.. just you wait!

I believe it!:bowdown:

DAPuke
01-11-2011, 07:39 AM
"Ragged But Right" is listed as a 'traditional' tune of unknown authorship, but I do know it's been recorded by many people; Johnny Cash, George Jones and Lil' Rev amongst others.
And now UU's own eugene ukulele! nice job sir. Ha, I almost broke my computer monitor attempting to throw a hand full of quarters into your case:D
DAP

Hippie Dribble
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Eugene cleans up really nicely!

Tell us more about where you live, if you can. The birds are wonderful.

Cheers!

Sure cletus. we live on a little hobby farm in the north tassie bush. We have just under 30 acres, most is bushland but some is cleared for grazing paddocks for the horses, and for our flower bulbs: we grow liliums and proteas on a seasonal basis, though the proteas flower throughout most of the year. We breed jack russell puppies and my wife has just started a stud - she breeds Connemaras. We also grow most of our own fruit and vegetables out here. It is a very isolated and I guess, "private" spot...nearest town about 20 minutes drive away, and the main "city" of Launceston is about 45 minute drive. Closest neighbour's place about 200metres, but they are similarly camoflauged by bush too. My wife Fiona paints and we have a little 110 year old studio room where she does her artwork and I do home recordings of music. Nothing fancy, pretty simple life as far as we can make it. No credit card. No mobile phones!!! Though occasionally I wish we had one. But the birds!!! They fill our days with music when we're not playing it ourselves. It's lovely actually.

Hippie Dribble
01-12-2011, 01:25 PM

Bill

Hey Bill, that's the back porch, looking north-east through the trees down towards where the creek flows through. Out the front is a little sheltered canopy that faces south towards the gardens.

ukularwarhead
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Loved it! I have an old George Jones casset with that song on it.