New Kala Koa Cedartop arrived! Thanks MGM

Turtle

Reaction score
Well, the long weekend finally ended and as I watched the tracking of my new Kala Koa Cedartop Concert Uke make it's way slowly from Hawaii, to Los Angeles to Louisville, KY to Dallas to Austin, my excitement kept mounting. At about 5:30 this morning the tracking showed that it was on the truck and out for delivery. Happily, it arrived during one of the times in the day that I was at home. The wait for the box to adjust to room temperature seemed like it would take forever but I didn't want to risk opening it too quickly. Finally the time came and I was able to see my new baby.

It is drop dead gorgeous. I love my spalted maple Kala soprano, but this one almost took my breath away. (I know there are far more high end ukes out there, but they don't count. This is my baby!) I love the longer and more spacious neck. Accessing frets 12 and up is so much easier. I love the warmth of the cedar top and the figuing of the laminated koa back and sides. The tone is beautiful and the set up and service from Music Guy Mike was fabulous. Many Mahalos Mike!

I have never named a uke before but this one seems to be whispering to me that her name is Ruby.

I would write more but I think I need to get back to lovingly breaking her in.

Cheers,

Turtle

Hi, Turtle.

Which Kala Cedar Top is it?

I just got mine from MGM right around the turning of the year (It made it to my UPS Store on 12/31, then they closed early, so I didn't get it until 1/3), and it is a wonderful instrument. Great sound, a joy to play.

I'm bringing it down to the local monthly Uke gathering tonight, so I can get some "oohs" and "ahhs". (g)

-Kurt

PICS?? Must See.

Congrats on your new uke.......Pics??????

Aloha Turtle,
Congrats on the new kala...may you have many years of enjoyment out of it...Have Fun and Enjoy!! Happy Strummings!!!

Hi, Turtle.

Which Kala Cedar Top is it?

I just got mine from MGM right around the turning of the year (It made it to my UPS Store on 12/31, then they closed early, so I didn't get it until 1/3), and it is a wonderful instrument. Great sound, a joy to play.

I'm bringing it down to the local monthly Uke gathering tonight, so I can get some "oohs" and "ahhs". (g)

-Kurt

Mine is the KA-KCG-CT which I am guessing is the same as yours only in concert size. I absolutely love it so far. I will post pics of it soon. I finally tore myself away from it for a break but right now I need to bring some plants inside before it freezes tonight.

Cheers,

Turtle

We're having a heatwave... a tropical heatwave...

It's 34 F. It hasn't been above freezing since about the end of October. And even in Finland, that's ridiculous.

Congrats on the new uke. Look foward to some pics. Enjoy.

Awesome congrats!

Top Bottom