Ever wanted to ask Jake Shimabukuro a question? Now you can!!

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
The radio station I work at is the media sponsor for Jake's appearance at the Kentucky Center in Louisville on January 28. I'll be interviewing him by phone before that date. I thought I'd give my UU friends a chance to chime in. We'll put a podcast of the interview online.

So, what would you ask Jake if you could?

Last edited:
Oh man, what a neat opportunity Alan! I'm sure you can't wait to talk with Jake.

I would ask him, "Now that you've mastered a ukulele version of the very complex song "Bohemian Rhapsody", what's the next complicated song that you're planning to modify for the ukulele?"

This is great bet your exited.
I would ask Jake, "Who were your role models when you were young?"

Oh man, what a neat opportunity Alan! I'm sure you can't wait to talk with Jake.

I would ask him, "Now that you've mastered a ukulele version of the very complex song "Bohemian Rhapsody", what's the next complicated song that you're planning to modify for the ukulele?"

"Jake, what has been your strangest groupie experience so far?"

:uhoh:

This is great bet your exited.
I would ask Jake, "Who were your role models when you were young?"

Do you ever look online at message forums such as Ukulele Underground?

Ask him when his "official" tab book will be released. It's supposedly been in the works for quite some time now.
All good questions, but I'm scared to ask about the groupies.

Alan, could you fix the spelling of his last name? I'd hate for him to come and view the forums and see his name misspelled. Its spelled Shimabukuro. :)

Done. I always get the u and o mixed up!

How do you cope with the pressure of being the modern face of the Ukulele, as well as the face that people worldwide see (alongside Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) when they begin to explore Hawaiian culture and begin to learn about the cultural impact the Ukulele has had?

Done. I always get the u and o mixed up!
You changed it in your first post, but you only have a limited amount of time in vBull (not sure what it's set for here) to edit the actual thread title. You can PM a mod to do that for you. :)

just wanted to say these are brilliant questions!!!!!...and Alan, you gotta ask the groupie question...c'mon...you know you want to.. he he :)

Ask him some of his memorable tour experiences he's received from Fans.. not about his experiences on tour because I think he might say something about buffet or someone he's played with. Who/what are some memorable fans/ people/experiences/moments that he can recall from AFTER the show where he meets people.

Last edited:
Ask him some of his memorable tour experiences he's received from Fans.. not about his experiences on tour because I think he might say something about buffet or someone he's played with. Who/what are some memorable fans/ people/experiences/moments that he can recall from AFTER the show where he meets people.
That's a good one! And ask him how many fans have brought their ukes for him to sign.

Top Bottom