Wire from Misi pick up rattling

vacuousnacho

Reaction score
I got a misi pick up installed and when I got it back it was buzzing really badly. I called the guy who installed it, and he basically just acted like a complete asshole, told me he did the best he could and that I should fix it myself.

I've tried fixing this, I've gotten it in a position where it doesn't rattle when I play a few times but it always comes undone and moves shortly after I start playing. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

First of all, if you paid someone to install it, then he should fix it.

What really needs to be done is the MiSi should be removed from the uke and the wire bundled neatly and tightly with a zip-tie with no excess. It is a little tricky getting it installed with no slack but it is important so the bundled wire doesn't rattle around inside the uke.

What really needs to be done is the MiSi should be removed from the uke and the wire bundled neatly and tightly with a zip-tie with no excess. It is a little tricky getting it installed with no slack but it is important so the bundled wire doesn't rattle around inside the uke.

I agree - it has great sound, so natural, but unless you get it from rattling and keep it from touching the top, as it will pick up sounds, it will just keep being a problem. By the way, the problem here is not the MiSi itself, but the LR Baggs pickup used - it's too long! Too much of it is active. Mike

What he said. I would call back and complain. If he's still a jerk, call the better business bureau.

Top Bottom