Kala KA-ST or a Kala KA-T

vince726

Reaction score
Well I have narrowed my choice down to a Kala Ukulele..but Im not sure which one I want, It would be my first Ukulele..Any suggestions would be great to what the differences are between these two. Thanks

I owned a KA-TG (The gloss version of the KA-T) before I traded it for a baritone. Compared to my Lanikai ST (pretty much the same as the Kala ST except for the head badge) it was not as distinct on individual notes and not nearly as loud. Solid tops just sound better in my opinion than most laminates. I would definitely go for the ST.

Hi,

I've got the KA-ST (up for sale in the Marketplace BTW). The solid spruce top gives it a very bright sound. It has a good deal of volume. How that compares to the KA-T, I don't know.
I'm only selling mine because I tend to prefer soprano ukes and don't play her much. Great uke though!

I have two Kala spruce tops and a Makala mahogany laminate. Love the spruce tops. Really nice clear sound and volume and resonation. I have tried Aquilas, Worths, and Southcoastukes linear on my Baris and find I prefer the Southcoastukes linears. Very nice sound. On the Tenor, I use Aquilas, Also nice sound. Lozark

Top Bottom