Is a tenor flea a poor mans pineapple Sunday?

andywergedal

Reaction score
Tenor neck, pineapple shaped body... Hmmm

I would love a pineapple Sunday but it is not in the budget right now.

Anyone have both? Comparison, thoughts?

I had made that connection too Andy. Not the Pineapple Sunday, but a tenor scale pineapple.

I have a concert Flea, and I have played a Pineapple Sunday. They are completely different. I would classify the Flea as more guitar-like, and the PS more sparkly (brighter high end)... slightly more banjo-like. Do you want a Pineapple Sunday because of how it sounds or how it looks (or both)? I am not an expert, and there are many here that are, but I would say the PS is fairly distinctive in it's sound.

–Lori

I have a pineapple-design soprano flea, and I also consider it my baby Pineapple Sunday. Just bought some strings from MGM to make it sound better (Right now, it's quite a poor sound with the original strings.) But it definitely does not match up to the KoAloha PS. As Ronnie said, it's apples and oranges. The Flea is still lots of fun though! It's my bathroom uke. :)

Okay, "apples and prunes" from Tudorp and "bathroom uke" from Jon - I think we're skating dangerously close to TMI, here.
:biglaugh:

John

I have a pineapple-design soprano flea, and I also consider it my baby Pineapple Sunday. Just bought some strings from MGM to make it sound better (Right now, it's quite a poor sound with the original strings.) But it definitely does not match up to the KoAloha PS. As Ronnie said, it's apples and oranges. The Flea is still lots of fun though! It's my bathroom uke. :)

Remind me not to borrow your Flea...

I heard a rumor that a "poor man's PS" is coming soon from another builder that we all know and love...so you might want to wait if you're considering a purchase along these lines...

Who is it DeG? Who is it!!!!!! :drool:

I have a Flea (and a Fluke)

Without wishing to start an argument, I would suggest that for many many people, the price of even an entry level Flea is not something to be considered "poor mans". For many people, a Flea is a serious decision made after months or years of playing budget ukes.

Just my 2 cents.

I have also played both - totally different instruments, plus I wouldnt throw a sunday in the boot of my car without a care.

Who is it DeG? Who is it!!!!!! :drool:

In the next few weeks, Mainland will be coming out with a super concert sized pineapple ukulele. Solid Spruce top, solid Mahogany body. I am really chomping at the bit to get my hands on one... I think it is going to be amazing!

...but don't tell anyone I told you. :)

In the next few weeks, Mainland will be coming out with a super concert sized pineapple ukulele. Solid Spruce top, solid Mahogany body. I am really chomping at the bit to get my hands on one... I think it is going to be amazing!

...but don't tell anyone I told you. :)
I am on the edge of my seat for this one...

Top Bottom