Steampunk ukulele anyone?

ukuDaily

Reaction score
So, in my stumbling around the net for my blog, I found this ukulele. If I had discretionary money, I would so buy this, even if it only hung on the wall. It is so cool.

The TwoCan Uke

...scroll to the bottom of the page.

Aloha UkeDaily,
Thank-You for sharing...intresting design...wonder how the two cans are attached...would mind seeing the back..to find out...what a creative guy whoever built it.....Happy Strummings, MM Stan

I love steampunk EVERYTHING! Too cool, I like the electrics too. Thanks for sharing. :)

Awesome looking uke!

I love that two can uke. I wouldn't mind messing with that myself. Also, I just finished a small practice amp about that size. I wish I had thought about a coffee can as a housing though, that's pretty cool.

I'm digging it. Wonder how it sounds?

Steampunk is kinda trendy around here, I think. I'm too old to be sure, though.:eek:ld:

Thanks for sharing.

Think they are Bumblebee tuna cans or chicken of the sea?

Heh, heh. I can see it now - ukers gathering in coffee shops to argue the relative tonal merits of Starkist vs Bumblebee cans...

John

That is a bitchin' thing. I saw Rush this summer, and they had kind of a Steampunk thing going on with their equipment... they generally have some sort of joke involving Geddy Lee's "amps".. in the past, they've had clothes driers, vending machines, rotisserie chicken cookers, and the like set up where he would ordinarily have amps (he uses off-stage stuff and runs through the PA). This time, the tour was called The Time Machine Tour, and all of the amps and drums were copper plated and had dials and gauges on them... and shot out steam now and then. It was funny, and very cool-looking. A Steampunk uke would be pretty awesome, but I think I'd rather try to build my own than spend $300 on one. Of course, I am not qualified to build a model airplane, let alone a functioning instrument of any kind....

Heh, heh. I can see it now - ukers gathering in coffee shops to argue the relative tonal merits of Starkist vs Bumblebee cans...

John

I think it is common knowledge that Bumblebee cans are mellower then their brighter counterpart Starkist. :) The real crapshot is the generic cans of tuna.

That is seriously cool.

I think it is common knowledge that Bumblebee cans are mellower then their brighter counterpart Starkist. :) The real crapshot is the generic cans of tuna.

A lot of Bumblebee cans have some nice figuring though.

A lot of Bumblebee cans have some nice figuring though.

True, very true. Starkist cans have that "Charlie" tone that I crave, though.
I'm curious to hear what cat food cans sound like...

True, very true. Starkist cans have that "Charlie" tone that I crave, though.
I'm curious to hear what cat food cans sound like...

I've heard that the tone of cat food cans is kind of scratchy.

(Wonder how long we can keep this going...)

John

I've heard that the tone of cat food cans is kind of scratchy.

Also true in many cases.

The right kind of fan strum produces a 'gut-tural' effect, according to some accounts.

Top Bottom