Hardshell Case for Kala KA-FMTE-C?

HojoKing

Reaction score
Hey all, I just got my first uke today--Kala KA-FMTE-C Tenor Ukulele Cutaway Flame Maple w EQ. This one is definitely a keeper for me. I really like the tone. The action is great compared to the previous lower-end Kala that I returned 2 days ago.

I would like to get a nice hardshell case for this model but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Would you recommend a store/internet site to me for this specific model since I'm very new to UKE? I just found out about MGM today but I would like to know all of my options out there for my uke. Thanks in advance.

This is a prospect for me but I'm not really sure if it's perfect for my uke or not. http://cgi.ebay.com/new-Uke-Crazy-L...884?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6232f51c

TC has changed his mind AGAIN. Maybe Mainland will deliver. The 3rd time is a charm? I sure hope so b/c this is frustrating.

Be wary of the uke crazy hard cases (not the foam shell ones). I've had a number of problems with the one I own (strap broke and caused case and $500 ukulele inside to smash to the sidewalk, the buckle hardware broke after 6 months - though I got everything replaced when I returned the broken case to the dealer I bought it from).

Mainland makes very nice cases. I had one and used it to store my Kala Acacia tenor before it was sold - the tweed mainland case fit it very nicely.

I've just acquired a Kala KA-FMTE-C Tenor (pics soon). It came with a foam shell soft case, which was OK, but when I got it home I was pleased to find it just fit snugly into a hard case I had for a Bluegrass Mandolin... Especially as, back in the days I was in a Barcelona based Bluegrass band, one of my friends must have borrowed the mandolin but I don't know who... and they have never bothered to inform me they have still got it! :( Oh well, the case is being put to good use now! I can't imagine that I'd ever truly lend out an instrument without its case. Senior moment? :confused:

Top Bottom