Good Company

Cokecan72

Reaction score
The First one of the year for me, so i thought i would have a go at this old Queen Classic..
Its a great song for the ukulele especially since thats what Brian May played it on...

Keep on strummin

That was great! I like Queen but haven't heard that one and of course didn't know Brian May played the uke. Thanks for a very well played tune and the info:)
DAP

Great job! This was one of the first things I learned on uke. I am a huge Queen fan, and remember reading ages ago (in '82 or '83) that Brian May had learned uke before he ever played guitar. His dad was a huge George Formby fan, evidently. In fact, on the liner notes of "A Day At The Races", it says this was played on a "genuine George Formby Banjo Ukulele". He also played banjo uke on "Bring Back That Leroy Brown" from "Sheer Heart Attack".

Very nice job. Enjoyed that.

That was great! I like Queen but haven't heard that one and of course didn't know Brian May played the uke. Thanks for a very well played tune and the info:)
DAP

Thanks Dap, your most kind.. I'm glad you like it.. Its a great little ukey tune which is fun to strumm. Thanks Buddy, Keep on strummin :)

Great job! This was one of the first things I learned on uke. I am a huge Queen fan, and remember reading ages ago (in '82 or '83) that Brian May had learned uke before he ever played guitar. His dad was a huge George Formby fan, evidently. In fact, on the liner notes of "A Day At The Races", it says this was played on a "genuine George Formby Banjo Ukulele". He also played banjo uke on "Bring Back That Leroy Brown" from "Sheer Heart Attack".

Thanks Chris, I will have to have a listern to Bring Back that Leroy Brown. Its a shame that he didn't do a few more ukulele based songs as he has a talent for it, but i suppose thats the power of the guitar influence instead.. Glad you enjoyed and thanks for taking the time to comment :)

Very nice job. Enjoyed that.

Your most kind, Glad that you Enjoyed my little version.. Keep on strummin :)

top stuff Dan. Great song, really nicely sung and played. You made those swift chord changes look easy. Cheers mate! :)

top stuff Dan. Great song, really nicely sung and played. You made those swift chord changes look easy. Cheers mate! :)

It was one of the songs that infulenced me into wanting to play the ukulele, the main chord change was one of the first things i learnt on the ukulele and i thought to myself the otherday its about time i learnt the rest of it.. Glad you liked it Thanks for the Comment Buddy much appreciated :)

Aloha Dan ...you the Man!!
Enjoy it very much as always....I see you were in what I call the Uke Zone.....(very into the music) isn't it a nice place to be...Thanks for sharing....Happy Strummings Brother....MM Stan

Aloha Dan ...you the Man!!
Enjoy it very much as always....I see you were in what I call the Uke Zone.....(very into the music) isn't it a nice place to be...Thanks for sharing....Happy Strummings Brother....MM Stan

Its a great place to be totally absorbed in the moment.. Thank you MM Stan, i always look forward to your kind words.. Take Care and Keep on strummin Buddy :)

Thanks for commenting, i have to say i was quite amazed to see my old vid at the top of the thread after all this time..
Glad you liked it
Keep on strummin

That was wonderful. Do you have the tabs/chords for that song?

Top Bottom