Playing Ukulele is a Happy Thing, Most of the Time.

SailingUke

Uke legend in my own mind
UU VIP
Reaction score
For me playing ukulele is a fun experience. There is not much better times for me than when I get together with friends and play a few tunes. I define friend as anyone who can play a ukulele (any level).

Today I lost one of my dearest ukulele pals, his passing will leave a big hole in our uke circle. I will not only miss his ukulele, but his sage wisdom and encouragement had major impact on my life.

Heaven has gained a gem of a baritone ukulele player.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Will be tough to play without him for awhile I am sure. But, he will be playin with ya, if ya actually hear him it or not. Thoughts and prayers to you, his other friends, and his family.

Last edited:
That said, if I can share a little that might help too with your loss. I lost a great friend several years ago that I had known since we were teenagers. He was very instrumental in turning me onto the Bass, and guitar many years ago, and we jammed together all the time for many years. He was an awesome bassist & guitarist, even as young as we were. Actually, he influenced allot of my own playing style. Some of that playing style carries over to the Uke too. So, even though he has been gone for years, I can still hear him in my own playing because his influence has always been there..

Just sayin..

Tudorp is a wise man. Go through your grief, and honor the memory of your friend through the instrument you both love. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I find comfort in knowing he may be gone, but his music lives on in spirit.

You bet.. The Good Lord knows what he is doing, and may have to take people we love from us temporarily, but he never takes the music, and memories. He leaves those with us to continue enjoying our loved ones until we meet again..

I have had 2 teammates pass away, as well as other friends during my journey through this life. I have always tried to honor those friends by continuing to do the things that we shared and enjoying every moment of it. At some point, we will all pass on, and when that happens, we can only hope that our passionfor the people and things we love is remembered. Honor your friend. Remember him. Continue to play as he would... With passion and joy. May your friend RIP.

I am not one that is great with words, but wanted to express how sorry I am for your loss, I have experienced enough loss this year myself... I hope in time you will find peace in your heart, and joyful memories in the music you shared together!

I will not only miss his ukulele, but his sage wisdom and encouragement had major impact on my life.

Were I to pass away tonight, I couldn't ask for a better legacy than to have someone say that about me.

My sympathies for your loss. I find comfort in music. Maybe you will too. Hang in there!

JJ

Sailing Uke - so sorry to hear about you losing your friend. I know that just from reading your posts here you probably had a big impact on his life too. I'm sure you'll keep his song alive in your music. Take care - Mary

Last edited:
Will the circle be unbroken?
'deed it will, by and by.
Sorry to hear of your loss, but we all get to play again, and together, someday...I hope.

Aloha Sailing Uke,
Sorry to hear of your loss friend.....may he/she continue to make music and play wherever he/she maybe...
I'm sure your memories of the good times making music will comfort you during these rough times....and the music will
live on in your memories....Take Care, and God Bless!! MM Stan

It is hard when close friends pass away. That is why I make it a point to create as many happy memories as possible while it is still today. Being enthusiastic and optimistic helps, too. Time passes, memories live on...

Top Bottom