Fluke action

ukestang

Reaction score
Haven't posted anything for a while but have been lurking periodically. Have a question, how do I lower the action on my Fluke? It has the plastic fretboard and bridge, love it and love the sound but the action is a little high for my taste. On my other ukes I simply file the saddle a bit but the Fluke has no saddle. Any suggestions?

I'd like to know if there is an adjustment mechanism too. The action on my Flea and Flukes have all been acceptable, and indeed, I wasn't quite willing to just sand the top of that attached plastic saddle. I always assumed it was fixed.

Never personally played one that needed adjustment - they are built to sharp tolerances, and because parts are molded, they are just right as is.

That isnt to say they cant be adjusted, I have just never played one that needs it.

The bridge is a fibreglass composite type stuff - presume it could be sanded, but be careful - its a one piece, and there is NO going back

I'd suggest just dropping them an email, and ask them. sales@fleamarketmusic.com

Dale and Phyllis responded very quickly to every email I've sent, and I'm sure that they will be happy to answer your questions.

(And I don't even own one of their instruments.... yet.)
-Kurt

Top Bottom