PDA

View Full Version : Fluke action

ukestang
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Haven't posted anything for a while but have been lurking periodically. Have a question, how do I lower the action on my Fluke? It has the plastic fretboard and bridge, love it and love the sound but the action is a little high for my taste. On my other ukes I simply file the saddle a bit but the Fluke has no saddle. Any suggestions?

experimentjon
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I'd like to know if there is an adjustment mechanism too. The action on my Flea and Flukes have all been acceptable, and indeed, I wasn't quite willing to just sand the top of that attached plastic saddle. I always assumed it was fixed.

bazmaz
01-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Never personally played one that needed adjustment - they are built to sharp tolerances, and because parts are molded, they are just right as is.

That isnt to say they cant be adjusted, I have just never played one that needs it.

The bridge is a fibreglass composite type stuff - presume it could be sanded, but be careful - its a one piece, and there is NO going back

ksiegel
01-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I'd suggest just dropping them an email, and ask them. sales@fleamarketmusic.com

Dale and Phyllis responded very quickly to every email I've sent, and I'm sure that they will be happy to answer your questions.

(And I don't even own one of their instruments.... yet.)
-Kurt