HanktheTank's Slave 4 New Wave Ukulele Video Contest

Hankthetank

Reaction score

Hi everyone, I just wanted to announce HanktheTank's Slave 4 New Wave Ukulele Video Contest.
What: Submit a new wave ukulele video. Here is an example of 80's New Wave. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxpB5gjj2Q0 Make it a video response to my video above (not the new wave example video) and include "Hankthetank's Slave 4 New Wave Ukulele Video Contest" in the beginning. Have fun with it. But the number one rule is that your video should feature a ukulele.

When: Submit videos now till 11:59pm CST on Feb 28.
How: The winner will be picked on what video I liked the best. What does that mean? It could be anything. Could be based on the song choice, the playing, the video editing, getting into character, or your interpretation of a certain song. Consider it a challenge more than a contest in that regard. Put your best foot forward. For the video I pick, there may be better videos, but I don't want any whining on who should have won. I pick who I pick. This is supposed to be a fun contest.

Prizes: 3rd place will get a tuner or something comparable.
2nd place will get a Ukulele Underground Tshirt. And 1st place will get a Nalu Ahua Tenor. shipped anywhere in the world.
So thank you for entering and good luck to you. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
I hope you guys enter. I am excited to see what you all come up with. Thanks!

Last edited:
I didn't know what New Wave was. I like most of those songs.

Heh, heh. This could be fun...

I watched the 80's compilation video you linked and one thing struck me - I'm kinda glad I was in the military through most of the 80's so I can safely say that no pictures of me with outlandish hair will come back to haunt me... :)

John

Great contest, Hank!

Wow, Henry - what a great contest!

I bet this contest is going to be fun! Those of us who were born in the 70's should remember this era well.

Nice contest Henry!
I will come up with something. I love new wave music myself. In fact, one of the reasons I stopped playing guitar in the 80's was that I was into a lot of guitar-less music - Dépêche Mode, Heaven 17, Yello, Kraftwerk - yeah, good times!
This is going to be fun!

Oh man I'd love to join, but at 18 years old, i have no idea what new wave music is! :(
Somebody willing to assist?

A link to a YouTube video containing example of New Wave music is in the original post and on my announcement video (I think). Also, if you do a search on YouTube for New Wave music it will give you lots of examples. Depeche Mode, The Cure, New Order, Erasure, The Smiths, and Duran Duran are groups that's I would classify as New Wave. I hope you enter.

Last edited:
My Sharona
Joe Jackson Is she Really Going out with him

Other Band possibilities

Pretenders
Police
Cars
Blondie
Adam Ant
The Clash (or is that too punk?)
The Cure
New Order
INXS
OMD
The The
Ministry
Billy Idol??
Hoodoo Gurus
The Smiths/Morrissey
Ramones

too much to choose.

Last edited:
]Remember having to go to record stores to track down songs you heard once like this.

Telling the guy: "that song ... you know...deet deet deeet da da da deet dee deeet"

and

Last edited:
Top Bottom