New Vintage uke day!

R

RyanMFT

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to share my latest find with some friends who might enjoy this uke. It is a vintage Regal concert. It has a solid spruce top and what appears to be birch sides and back which are stained a dark red to resemble mahogany. It is in practically new condition. A cleaning, new strings, and it really sings! It is my only vintage concert, and the first Regal concert I have seen. Intonation is perfect and it has a very clean, crisp tone. I am pretty excited to have found it!

Anyone seen one of these around?

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2276-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's really classy looking. Nice score!

Aloha RyanMFT,
Really nice find, congrats. Ready to jam? Will PM you soon..................BO.................

Aloha Ryan,
Looks like a winner..and it looks to be in superb condition....Congrats on the find.....Have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings.....MM Stan
Is it missing something at the end of the fretboard on the soundboard??

Last edited:
Thanks all, it is in remarkable condition! It honestly looks brand new. I can't imagine how it survived so well. It seems unplayed!

I know it wasn't an expensive uke originally, but it really puts out a lot of sound and the finish is really nice......and.......it was a smokin' deal!

Hi Ryan,
When do I get to play it?
Don

NICE Ryan! Never seen this model before, and yes, I bet it was hardly ever played. Every now and then, you see an instrument that you know must have sat in a closet for decades. Glad that you got one - ! Your Karma must be impeccable. :)

Ahh, very, very kind of you to say. I hope that I give in the world more than I take.

DAPuke - I have it with me, any chance you want to play tonight? I could come out your way! Of course, you are always welcome at my house! You my friend, can play ANY of my uke's ANYTIME!

Bo - I have a great group of uke friends....DAPuke being a great player/singer/drummer. Let me know brother!

Is it missing something at the end of the fretboard on the soundboard??

Actually, it isn't missing but the photo kind of makes it look that way. At the end of the fretboard is a lighter piece of wood that kind of finishes off the fretboard but the color is closer to the spruce than to the color of the fretboard. It is curious as it is clearly original but why not just use another piece of the fretboard material???

Hey Ryan! Well done! Great looking Regal, and I've never seen a concert either! Would love a sound sample some time.

That's really cool, Ryan. I love old ukes, but rarely find anything interesting... I did see a Gibson UB-1 in an antique store in Denver in August... but apparently they knew that "The Gibson" on the headstock was a good thing... they wanted $500.

Top Bottom