"Big Rock Candy Mountain"

H

Hippie Dribble

howdy gang

I've recorded a version of Harry McClintock's classic ol' vision of hobo heaven, "Big Rock Candy Mountain".

This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05LgMbCxg8o

Great 3 chord song that's lots of fun to play. Hope you enjoy it!

Blessings everyone! :)

howdy gang

I've recorded a version of Harry McClintock's classic ol' vision of hobo heaven, "Big Rock Candy Mountain".

This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05LgMbCxg8o

Great 3 chord song that's lots of fun to play. Hope you enjoy it!

Blessings everyone! :)

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Wow, that was another hit....jus love them oldies and you got them down brother..Enjoyed it soo much...nice tempo and strum with the Black Bear....
It has that nice deep rich sound....BTW...did you make the prop sign by the hay bales???? Sooo Cool Man!!!!! ....MM Stan

love that song, as do my kids, and did a youtube myself - nice one!

N-I-C-E Eugene!

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Wow, that was another hit....jus love them oldies and you got them down brother..Enjoyed it soo much...nice tempo and strum with the Black Bear....
It has that nice deep rich sound....BTW...did you make the prop sign by the hay bales???? Sooo Cool Man!!!!! ....MM Stan

hey Stan, I appreciate the kind words mate. The prop is actually a birdhouse that was made for us by my sister in law, with the signposts east / west reading "to the garden", and "to infinity and beyond".

Did I mention she was a twisted sister? he he :)

Captain and Susie,

thanks so much guys for the subscription to the youtube thing. It's really encouraging for me. Still getting my head round it all but I appreciate it a lot!

Another great job.
I always associate this song with Burl Ives.

gimme another brotha!....freakin enjoying your stuff right now!

to cletus, John , paul, spaz and aspie

thanks for the kind words fellas. It's inspiring and motivating to think that some people get where you're comin from.

And spaz, i've been into folk music for a fair while now, But really I've only started trying to play it seriously in the last year or two. Just love the melodies and the history behind the tunes...I spent the last couple of years learning and reading about so many of them, head buried in old songbooks and listening to stacks of Pete Seeger. The guy is a legend and I can't really find words of praise high enough about him and the impact his life and music have had on me...cheers mate

Another great job.
I always associate this song with Burl Ives.

thanks Alan. Incidentally, I just had a look at your site (Stan gave me the tip). It's awesome mate. Really is. That's a pretty astounding setlist you've got there. And so well laid out. Thanks for having it up there mate, it's a brilliant showcase of your work sure, but a great reference for all of us too. Cheers for doing it!

And yeah, Burl Ives' version is fantastic. I first learnt it from Harry McClintock's rendition on the "O Brother..." soundtrack. About 10 years ago now I guess it was...but that led me to the Harry Smith Anthology and I've been a goner for this type of stuff ever since :)

Ah shucks, what happened to the video? :(

I lost my old channel through stupidity a few months back, and with that, all the really early song clips that i did in the first 6 months. Weirdly enough, I had someone else ask me about this same song the other day. I'll re-record it again later this week for ya. Cheers mate

That would be awesome! Cheers! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom