ukulele beginner!

Aloha Grohl14,
Welcome to the UUF....Ukulele Underground forums...Have fun and enjoy.....there are more choices you have???between the two, I guess the lanikai....Happy Strummings! MM Stan

I don't know of Ibanez ukes, but many have posted good reviews for the Lanikai. Welcome to the uke!
DAP

Between those two, I would go with the Lanikai.

I started with the Lanikai and it was a nice little uke.
Roxhum

Hello grohl14 and welcome.

There are lots of members on here who could advise you far better than I could. However, although my German is almost non-existent, it looks like the first ukulele is tenor size and the second is the smaller soprano size. Have you thought about which size you would like, then perhaps selecting a couple from that size to consider?

Eric.

From those two alone, go Lanikai.

Honestly though - do more shopping around!

From those two alone, go Lanikai.

Honestly though - do more shopping around!

I agree with pauljmuk. If you are only going to choose between these two ukes, then I would go with the Lanikai. Better to do some more shopping around!

Welcome to UU!
Yes, I think shopping is half the fun of choosing a ukulele! I assume you are in Europe, but I would see if you can look at the Kala and Ohana brand ukuleles. I would choose them over Lanikai and Ibanez, although they have some very nice looking ukes! I don't have much experience playing those though. If you can try out some different sizes in person, you will get a better idea of what size to start with. Some people love the soprano size best, others like concert because you get a little more finger room on the neck (but still can make long finger reaches), and others love the tenor size for a deeper tone and roomy fretboard.
–Lori

Absolutely agree with what Lori has just written. First, you should decide what kind of ukulele music you want to start playing. Different sizes are more or less conducive to different types of music. If you have the opportunity, play one of each (soprano, concert, and tenor), or at least hold them to see how you fingers feel on the fretboard (which size you feel most comfortable with); this will also help you to make an informed decision. When you have made this decision, I'm sure the folks here at UU will be more than happy to give you further advice. You could also listen to some Youtube videos.

Wie gehts, grohl14 and welcome to UU.

You may have found it already, but this sticky thread in the Beginners section has a LOT of information on Entry Level Ukuleles.

Top Bottom