Aurora colored ukulele strings Wait..developed by aquila...made by aquila

MGM

Reaction score
Here's a new line of colored strings that should finally be up to par with top quality strings from Aurora
008-6.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha Mike, are you going to stock any of these?

dude colored strings! that would be tons of fun! (especially if they sound good!!)

Aloha Mike,
Hey man, You're not teasing us again...give us the 411...we'll be waiting!!!! he he Mahalo Bruddah, MM Stan..

i have all sizes and colors coming but for now a limited supply will appear you know where in soprano.....this week

i have all sizes and colors coming but for now a limited supply will appear you know where in soprano.....this week

Put my name on the list for a set. Still waiting for those colored U-bass strins to arrive with the envelope to return the wrong ones that were sent.

Oh boy. These could be really fun on flukes, or those new colorful Kalas. Sort of wish I waited before I restrung my Flea literally 15 minutes ago.

First an unwound low G from Aquila, and now colored strings? My Flea will be very, very happy.

Here's the colored strings I been using on Bango for about a year. Kinda brighter than I like, but I don't mind the brightness on the Banjole. I sure would love to try the Aquilas.
163766_194344280581370_100000173975723_809492_6454626_n.jpg

I love colored strings to help with teaching kids to play. It makes it easier for them to reconize the string numbers to a given color... Now the ring finger on the #4, yellow string etc..

Last edited:
Could we perhaps get a sound test on these? I need to re-string my Dolphin soon, and my tenor, and these are just too great to pass up.

So, I have a set of soprano colored strings but...

Totally noob question- in what order are the colors on the soprano. I have a purple, orange, green and red. I tried to figure out the sizes but not enough experience to know which is which! A chart on the package would be useful.:confused:

These strings are awesome!

Just strung up my wife's purple sparkly Mahalo with a set of the purple strings. The colors are VERY bright and the strings are great quality. They're smoother than the normal Nygult (the package says silkgut) and play very nicely.

Unfortunately, Musicguymic isn't selling anything right now, but you can still get these strings directly from Aurora: http://stringsbyaurora.com/order_form.php

Ah man these look gorgeous. I've been wanting colored strings ever since I started playing. They've been a strong pushing factor for my obsessing over vintage plastic ukes. I just got Ko'olau Gold Strings for my red fluke and I love the contrast so much.

Totally noob question- in what order are the colors on the soprano. I have a purple, orange, green and red. I tried to figure out the sizes but not enough experience to know which is which! A chart on the package would be useful.:confused:

Just picked up a set this weekend. Orange is G, purple is C, green is E, and red is A.

Top Bottom