Kanile'a ukulele

gjsong

Reaction score
I've been vacationing in Oahu and I wandered into a local music store and they had a Kanile'a K1 T-sm on sale for $632. Is that a good price? I'm new to the ukulele world and I have an old Oscar Schmidt. That seems pretty steep for a ukulele. The sales guy said it sounded very nice and it did indeed sound better than the Kala ukes that he had. Should I get it? Also saw a Valley Made concert ukulele for $665. It sounded nice too. Just looking for some advice on an upgrade.

greg

Kanile'a K1 T-sm on sale for $632
Don't hesitate, buy it and send it here. No really, that seems like a good price. Check the internets, it comes out much more expensive in many places. It is not a used uke I presume?
I remember that fellow member UkuCous had a good deal on his Kanile'a tenor as well...

Last edited:
I have the K1 concert. The price is good. U will NOT be disappointed with it. It is an incredible sounding instrument. Makes u close your eyes while playing. DO IT!

I got a Kanile'a Tenor (not soundmonster), go ahead and buy it now !! you'll not be disppointed, theses are high quality instruments with beautiful sound !

I remember that fellow member UkuCous had a good deal on his Kanile'a tenor as well...
Yup yup but mine was on ebay !

That seems pretty steep for a ukulele.
greg

pee-shaw, mine was $850, and mgm sells a few for well over $3,000. and customs are over a grand too

It is a good deal. Especially if you can check it out in person and it feels and sounds right to you. Kanile'a makes quality ukes.

But if you think six and some change is a lot for a ukulele, just wait until your UAS starts kicking in and you begin considering a custom build. Hoo boy! That'll start at a grand...

That's a damn good price for a SM. Most of the tenor ukes in Hawaii start at about $700. Get it and if you don't like the feel of it, you can always re-sell and I guarantee somebody will snag it.

Yeah, that's a great price especially for a tenor. Go for it! I've got a concert sound monster and it's amazing.

greetings,

I am Greg's wife and I will give you a different perspective. He is NOT that GOOD! He currently leaves his current ukulele all around the house, it has fallen off he table more than once and he never puts it in the case. More importantly, he really not that good. He knows a few chords, spends a lot of time on the internet trying to learn songs but he seems incapable of playing a whole song, and singing and playing at the same time- yeah right. Does that justify a $700 ukulele? Just some thoughts....

greg's wife

greetings,

I am Greg's wife and I will give you a different perspective. He is NOT that GOOD! He currently leaves his current ukulele all around the house, it has fallen off he table more than once and he never puts it in the case. More importantly, he really not that good. He knows a few chords, spends a lot of time on the internet trying to learn songs but he seems incapable of playing a whole song, and singing and playing at the same time- yeah right. Does that justify a $700 ukulele? Just some thoughts....

greg's wife
:eek:
change your password! she's on to you!:rofl:

good luck buddy.

anyhow, if it would make him happy, $700 is cheap. I won't be that happy for awhile though.

Last edited:
greetings,

greg's wife

Dear Greg's wife (or my wife or any wife for that matter),

It's not about being good, it's about having an outlet. $700 over a year's time is less than $60 a month. This is much less than golf, hookers, race cars, motorcycles, salt water fish tanks, poker, horse racing, etc. It's a small price to pay to keep a man happy.

I am sure if he a decent toy, he will put it away when he's done playing with it.

With love,
deach

It's not about being good, it's about having an outlet. $700 over a year's time is less than $60 a month. This is much less than golf, hookers, race cars, motorcycles, salt water fish tanks, poker, horse racing, etc. It's a small price to pay to keep a man happy.

I am sure if he a decent toy, he will put it away when he's done playing with it.

With love,
deach

:D:eek::worship::rofl:

greetings,

greg's wife

With love,
deach

This is such a riot!!! I just had a "discussion" with my husband about why I was probably going to need a new ukulele in the not-too-distant future. He was skeptical (to say the least)...

greg's wife, LoL....oh my gosh, I think that's the funniest post I've seen on this site. Please don't squash his hopes and dreams. If you think of it, an ukulele is probably not that bad of an investment. There are so many other things he can spend it on. But greg, get that uke, kanilea is the ish, great sound.

Greg,

It's a lot easier to get forgivness than is to get permission....

Go for it!!!

I'm going to have to agree with the UU peeps here. the sound monster is a beautiful piece of musical instrumentation.
And to Greg's wife, owning a uke like this Kanile'a will hopefully encourage him to play more, learn more and undoubtedly get better (i also own a kanile'a and at one time felt that my skills might not justify the ownership of a uke such as this).
Also, and just as importanly, if he is busy increasing his mastery of our beloved little instrument with his new uke, it frees-up his first uke... so you can start jamming too! Imagine all the time you can spend bonding with each other. In fact, this Kanile's is not only an amazing ukulele but it will possibly ensure that you two will remain happily wed in eternal bliss. What else could you ask for from a measily $700 investment?

another thing towards gregs wife, once he gets good enough to deserve it, the deal may not be there anymore

...this Kanile's is not only an amazing ukulele but it will possibly ensure that you two will remain happily wed in eternal bliss. What else could you ask for from a measily $700 investment?

Amen from a guy who's now EX-wife who kept me from pursuing the things I enjoy...

greetings,

greg's wife

Greg you should just strt rebuilding a classic car and then when she gets upset you could just say i coulda stuck to the ukulele but NOOOO!

Gregs wife,

I drop and knock around my ukulele but when i handle any of my pops which are very nice i treat them with the care they deserve because they are gorgeous instruments and their price tag reflects that. and I hate to be mean but when a fellow member of the UU Family gets put down in general and in this case by his spouse, it makes me wanna spit. So nxt time u decide you want to buy a new purse or shoes or cloths remember he doesn't get mad because it make you happy.

Cheers,

Sam

Top Bottom