I appears this may be getting out of hand...

TCK

Reaction score
5 months, 10 Ukes, 8 converts to the ways of the uke...and I decide I gotta be a one man Luau. My wife is going to kill me, but I finished this today from a set of plans that was apparently in my head. I used a dremel, a drill, a skill saw and some sand paper (OK- lots of sand paper), and it appears I am now looking for some tabs for Hawaiian steel.
Addiction is nothing new to me- note the background
Really though- if anyone has tabs or sheets for some Hawaiian tunes on a lap steel- I am actively looking...seems like it and my ukes ought to be best mates :)
attachment.php

Ever have trouble finding your keys?:stop:

The lap steel looks incredible.

Good thing you got married before you got out of hand! Ha! I am sure your wife is at least thankful you are at home!

Yes- keys are a burden to find...always :) Thanks for the props
Wife is a gem
And KamakOzzie- brilliant, thanks for that link!

5 months, 10 Ukes, 8 converts to the ways of the uke...and I decide I gotta be a one man Luau. My wife is going to kill me, but I finished this today from a set of plans that was apparently in my head. I used a dremel, a drill, a skill saw and some sand paper (OK- lots of sand paper), and it appears I am now looking for some tabs for Hawaiian steel.
Addiction is nothing new to me- note the background
Really though- if anyone has tabs or sheets for some Hawaiian tunes on a lap steel- I am actively looking...seems like it and my ukes ought to be best mates :)
attachment.php

Honey? Have you seen my accordion?

Aloha Dave,
Looks pretty cool Man!!! Gotta admit, you got alot of accordians....Wow..out of hand may just be an understatement...
You probally must have a pretty cool wife to let aquire all those...let's face it, a good excuse is....Ukuleles are 10 times
cheaper than accordians.....he he Thanks for sharing..Happy Strummings!! MM Stan
P.S. Have you tried and check out www.homespuntapes.com Good Luck!!

What an AWESOME photo! And the lapsteel is gorgeous...:worship:

Aye- you're all too kind....
Yes, we trip over accordions around here for sure. SOmeday the same will be true of my new found love....the stringy-thingy's in a short scale :)
And yeah- I have the coolest wife ever. But @ Stan, here's the funny thing- all those are vintage and that is about half of them, all of them were given to me. Funny, you tell folks you play the accordion and they tend to reproduce on your door step.

TCK I notice you have a concertina on the back shelf, (had to look hard through everything else:)). I have one also I bought years ago, and never could get my fingers to work on those small buttons. Like brand new in case, never really been played, FOR SALE!! :) :) Oh yes, Really cool looking steel. Lozark

As a fellow accordion player seeing all those accordions got me excited. The uke is cool too.
Roxhum

But @ Stan, here's the funny thing- all those are vintage and that is about half of them, all of them were given to me. Funny, you tell folks you play the accordion and they tend to reproduce on your door step.

Heh, heh. I'm sure you've heard this, but it reminds me of the old joke about a guy who leaves his accordian in the back seat of his car parked on the street. When he walks back to his car he is horrified to see the back window broken out. Then he gets closer and sees that there are now two accordians in the back seat! LOL

John

Raygf- Greg Cutshaw site is AWESOME, thanks for posting it!
Roxhum...told ya I was sick :)
Lozarkmen- throw it in the for sale section! I am sure it will get bought...I need another like a hole in the head unless it is chromatic- then we need to talk.
Lori- Feel free! Always looking for someone to play with :)

Top Bottom