2011 Namm show vendors interviews

nice stan. I really like seeing these ukes and companies and hearing what they are all about. Is KoAloha there? Did I miss the interview somewhere?

That Ko'olau BS soprano ukulele is the uke of the show for me. Shame about the name though ;-)

I really want to learn more about those Kamoa fiberglass cases. I was considering ordering a Calton case and this is a lot cheaper and I really prefer the uke shape to Calton's mandolin case.

Aloha WW,
I really liked the Kamoa interview in particular....too...got me thinking out the cases and even the ukes...as he mentioned their high standards on intonation come first....wonder if any uu members have one...they look nice too!!!

thanks for that Stan...love the simple look of the magic fluke banjo ukes. Great price too...they're gonna be very hard to resist come March... :drool:

If you watch the Kala interview with the solid body 5 string ubass, it looks like mike is having a problem with the low B string.

I really liked the Kamoa interview in particular....too...got me thinking out the cases and even the ukes...as he mentioned their high standards on intonation come first....wonder if any uu members have one...they look nice too!!!

I have the Soprano ES (one of the last of the 2010's). It is a great uke IMO the sound is real big and intonation is really good. Samual is great to deal with too, I got mine thourgh ukuleleuprising.

I going to send an email to Samual about buying a set of the new tuners and nut/saddle. But I know this uke will be played daily for a long time as my everywhere uke.

This interview was really a good one, Samuals passion for his product is evedent and rightly so I think it is a great uke.

I've to try to not like the cases to much for now....

Aloha <eM>Burr,
Thanks for the response, but why are wanting to do all that upgrading?? are you trying to improve the sound????Just wondering?? I myself like the sopranos...Have Fun and enjoy! Happy Strummings!!!
Take Care and Keep Warm!!! MM Stan

I have a 2011 Mahogany Concert from the Kamoa E series. I love the thing. Being my first uke I thought I had a few issues with buzz and whatnot but It turned out it was just due mostly to user error and change in climate. Now its playing great. I would definitely recommend the Kamoa brand. Sam was great over the phone and spent a good deal of time helping and answering all of my crazy beginner questions. I got mine in right before Christmas and i'm already wanting to get a low g tenor. He has some cases that aren't nearly so pricey but also fit the uke extremely well. They look nice and protect it great. I'd go for it. I've been getting compliments on the uke and case everywhere I take it.

Aloha <eM>Burr,
Thanks for the response, but why are wanting to do all that upgrading?? are you trying to improve the sound????Just wondering?? I myself like the sopranos...Have Fun and enjoy! Happy Strummings!!!
Take Care and Keep Warm!!! MM Stan

Not trying to change the sound at all,the nut/saddle change I'm sure will, just feel they are bits I could upgrade. The new tuners I imagine will just work better then the original. They work fine as is but if I can make them better with an upgrade, I figure why not. Since I would be ordering from Hawaii to Canada I thought I would just get the other bits to upgrade them as well, not nessisarily right away but I've always planed on doing a few minor things to the uke (it was one of the last and could use a day at the spa).

A Kamoa would work great in your collection MM Stan.

WHen I'm not so shy I'll post a video....

Thanks Dustin and <EM>Burr,
Sounds like all positive comments on them... I just also looked again and they updated to the latest interviews which was cool too...I saw Ohana had
their version of the of the vintage Style 2 Martins too which awesome......check it out...MM Stan

I really liked the Kamoa interview in particular...as he mentioned their high standards on intonation come first....wonder if any uu members have one...they look nice too!!!

That is a good interview and definitely caught my interest with some sweet looking ukes. Thanks!

The interview with Sam at Kamoa was definitely one of the highlights! Really looking forward to their new lines.

In fact, the only NAMM interview that really disappointed was the Fender one. (I understand that the guy wasn't their normal acoustic instruments rep; the company's lack of commitment to the ukulele was a lot more disappointing)

Last edited:
No Anuenue interview? Shame, they make great ukes.

I was interested in the Nalu interview. It looks like they have improved their already really sweet sounding ukes by replacing the anemic Fishman with a MiSi pickup. They also addressed the sometimes uneven satin finish on their Hokua line by going glossy. Titanium strings are another nice upgrade. The new Kaiko'o concert is soooo pretty!:drool:

I wanted to see and hear more Nalus and less about their fancy padded gig bag...

Top Bottom