The Duke of Ukes Ukulele Giveaway!

DukeOfUkes

Reaction score
Now that The Duke of Ukes is in full swing we would like to celebrate by offering a Gold Tone GU-100 Ukulele, complete with Hard Case, to one lucky Uker!

All you need to do to enter is Become A Fan of our Facebook page & compose a Ukulele inspired Limerick on the wall! How easy is that?

The winning entry will be the funniest, most clever poem & the number of Likes each receives will be taken into account, though will not necessarily be the determining factor. We will only be running this contest for 2 weeks, so get your entry in by January 31st! The winner will be announced February 1st, unless there is a massive number of last minute entries in which case we will need some extra time to fairly look at each of them.

The GU-100 is a fantastic little ukulele from Gold Tone that is based around the traditional Martin design. It comes complete with a fitted hard case & will give you years of dedicated service. It has a matte finish & excellent intonation.

So head over to our Facebook page & Become A Fan! Make sure to check back before the end of the month & Like your favorite rhyme!

Alas...I enjoy composing limericks but refuse to join Facebook for a number of complex but boring reasons that I won't get into here. I have been keeping an eye on your site, as you seem to be that rarest of commodities: a Canadian ukulele distributor. The very concept brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Good luck, Facebooker Limerickers.

Kem, I am not one to keep a good limericker down. Feel free to post yours here & with your permission I will post it to the page for you!

Liked and entered!

Just a reminder, I see people Liking the page, but I don't see any Ukulele Limericks going up on the wall! Make sure to read through the first post carefully for the contest requirements!

grr dont do facebook

a uke playing cowboy called murray
played his sop-rano all over surrey
he would strum it all day
till the sun went away
and his nights he would spend eating curry

I was thinking about my limerick, but I liked the page anyway, the limerick will come as soon as the muse hits me.

I posted on the wall but don't have many Facebook friends? Here's my limmerick: I once had a Uke made of plastic,
But it didn't sound that fantastic.
I got on the blower and called the Duke for some koa,
and now I am really ecstatic!

OK, entry in:
A ukulele fakir from Delhi
Said he could play while stood on his belly
Were a bear, a gnu
And a red kangaroo
All eating ice cream and jelly

Last edited:
Haha wow there are some great entries posted already! I love the song entry contests but felt it would be good for people to express their love of the Uke in other ways too!

Looks like Rae is an early favorite judging by the number of Likes.

Make sure to Share the page with your Uke playing friends! And yes you can make multiple entries.
:cool:

Haha wow there are some great entries posted already! I love the song entry contests but felt it would be good for people to express their love of the Uke in other ways too!

Looks like Rae is an early favorite judging by the number of Likes.

Make sure to Share the page with your Uke playing friends! And yes you can make multiple entries.
:cool:

Yeah I've got a small number of friends but they are very caring lol

I was hoping I could enter here as well. this is my first entry

There was once was a man with a smile
his life full of happiness and sore trial
I couldn't figure out why
he had that twinkle in his eye
till I saw him playing his ukulele

What about this one

Plinkity plonkity plink.
I play the ukulele and I stink
I really dont care