UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Today's Blondie comic strip.

attachment.php

Ouch! Nice supportive spouse, there! :mad:

Kinda funny, though.

John

aaawww, that's a lovely strip. Surely there's got to be more than a touch of the uke-lover in the cartoonist! :)

kind of a witch, isn't she. A man's home is his castle huh?

I don't think it was so much dissing the ukulele as it was "man trying to learn to play new musical instrument."

When my middle son rented a house with my youngest son for awhile, he had the misfortune of living with a brother trying to learn the play the guitar. It drove him crazy. When I was learning to play the trumpet in middle school, my poor mom had to listen to the same scales and studies over and over and over again. Mom's must have special genes that wives don't have, because even to this day she still likes to hear me play.

Last edited:
More accurately, a woman is belittling her husband. A comic strip classic on par with the chronic neighborhood alcoholic and child loser variations, i.e. Lucy is a shrew, Charlie Brown is a trod upon milquetoast and Linus a fey unattainable. Then you got the stink-lines kid. He represents the bottom of the social hierarchy. A notch below the fatty.

More accurately, a woman is belittling her husband. A comic strip classic on par with the chronic neighborhood alcoholic and child loser variations, i.e. Lucy is a shrew, Charlie Brown is a trod upon milquetoast and Linus a fey unattainable. Then you got the stink-lines kid. He represents the bottom of the social hierarchy. A notch below the fatty.

hey swervy...I like your breakdown of the 3 Peanuts characters!!!...sheesh! we need a whole thread for this...we could ruminate (at least I could :eek:) upon these things for hours...:)

Dagwood needs a man cave!

Top Bottom