A nice ukulele encounter

Fuzzy

Reaction score
I was supply teaching at a local elementary school the other day, and two students asked if they could work in the hall as it was too noisy in the classroom. I said sure. I opened the door to let them out, and there were about fifteen kids from another class all strumming ukes in the hallway! I didn't have the time to talk to any of them, but it was a nice surprise and it made my day!

Aloha Fuzzy,
I sure that made your day and you'll be checking more into that...and open the door more often now..he he don't you love when things just happen when it's your place....MM Stan

g'day Fuzzy

how wonderful! In our state of Tasmania here in Australia, the uke has become the fastest selling string instrument in recent months, outselling even the guitar. And why? because more teachers (like the one in the elementary school you worked at) are turning to the ukulele as a fun way to teach music now, rather than persist with the recorder, which, at least from my own experience, can dull or even alienate one's sense of musical enjoyment. Awesome story mate!

Top Bottom