graphics card

It's been a while since I've done serious video production (cut my teeth on Premiere and DV using a Pinnacle capture card, all the way back in about '97 through to about 2002... For extra nerd cred, as a kid I was using an Amiga 2000 and Video Toaster back at the start of the 90's), but I think that in this day and age, so long as your HD content is either USB or Firewire transfer, the graphics card doesn't really count for much. It's CPU, RAM and HDD I/O that will count the most during the production and final render.

What are your current hardware specs? And do you know yet which software you plan on using? Production software and codec choice are probably your biggest worries, IMHO.

Last edited:
at the moment i have ulead 11+ with the hd updates, but it does not like mov files, as soon as i start to do any editing it shuts down , if i change the file to a wmv it works fine processor is 3601mhz ram is 4gb hdd 500gb

What video card do you have now? Or are you using on-board, in which case, what motherboard? And what's your PSU rated at? A lot of the higher-end vid cards are real power hogs. Also, what speed is your HD? And most importantly, what's your budget?

at the moment i have ulead 11+ with the hd updates, but it does not like mov files, as soon as i start to do any editing it shuts down , if i change the file to a wmv it works fine processor is 3601mhz ram is 4gb hdd 500gb

You probably want to convert the mov to something like an mp4 and try that...

Top Bottom