Ukei doco on NZ TV

Ron

Reaction score
Last edited:
g'day Ron

Thanks so much for this info. Great to see the humble ukulele making an impact across the ditch in Kiwi land.

I've just got in contact with the station, it looks like a wonderful and uplifting doco. I'm trying desperately to get hold of a copy of it.

Did you get to watch it last night at all?

Cheers mate! :)

Aloha and Kia Ora Ron,
I wish the international rights thing didn't apply and all of us outside New Zealand could see it....Happy Strummings, Cheers, MM Stan

Aloha and Kia Ora Ron,
I wish the international rights thing didn't apply and all of us outside New Zealand could see it....Happy Strummings, Cheers, MM Stan

Oh- I am so sorry! I wouldn't have teased you with it if I'd known about the rights thing.
John - I didn't see it on telly (although my wife swears she tried to wake me for it) but watched online.
It is now my mission to see if I can get a copy that UUers can watch. I will find the production company and see if there is any chance of distributing it.

Aloha and Kia Ora Ron,

Well, look on the bright side....at least you got to see the the advertisements, :biglaugh:

So I've emailed the production company explaining my idiocy in getting y'all excited over something you can't see. I'm sure they'll provide a solution.

It's all coming back to me. My wife said she tried to wake me when this came on the telly and as I thought about it I remember! But I thought it was a dream.
I quite fancy those girls in the Wellington Ukulele Orchestra and there they were in this dream! Along with Graeme Cairns of The Big Muffin Serious Band who i used to hang out with when I was a young fella. There was Cook Island music and wierd combinations of people and ukes and voices. 'twasn't a dream at all...just the result of having the telly in the bedroom.....

let's not go that way, Klaus. We can be as jingoistic as the rest of you bleedin' foreigners ;-)

Top Bottom