Recorded my Uke for the first time today...

Futch

Reaction score
Messed about on garageband with my Uke and other instruments today, wrote this quick tune. Check it out on my Last FM page, its entitled "Uke Dance" for now:

http://www.last.fm/music/Luke+Futcher

May add a melody line and some vocals later on.

I don't think you do have to sign up, you just play the song in the little player thing on the page. Unless i have got it all wrong:(

What comes up when you use the link? Does it ask you to join or does it go to my music page?

Sorry, im not very good with this stuff!

I'm a dork. Working now. Sounds cool. Has a Greek-ish or Gypsy-ish feel to it.

Very nice!

Very cool! Listening to this brought me back to the six months I spent drifting about the Cyclades.

I love hearing all this original uke music. Good stuff. Keep it up, man!

It definitely needs a melody line. A liberal application of tremolo, slides, and ornaments would work well, I suspect. A bit of a Mediterranean jig!

-Tom

nice work man! are you going to throw some manic Gogol Bordello type vocals in there?

Thats the plan! I had been listening to them earlier in the day and thought; "Hmmn, lets see if i can pull off something like this using my limited resources."

Need to record the vocals when i'm feeling more hyperactive/tipsy.

The bass and electric guitar were recorded direct using in built amp simulations in garageband. The Uke tracks and percussion (tapping the back of the uke! + tamborine) were just recorded through my laptop's built in microphone. Its very slap dash, but then i prefer to put down ideas quickly while they are fresh.

Thats the plan! I had been listening to them earlier in the day and thought; "Hmmn, lets see if i can pull off something like this using my limited resources."

Need to record the vocals when i'm feeling more hyperactive/tipsy.

The bass and electric guitar were recorded direct using in built amp simulations in garageband. The Uke tracks and percussion (tapping the back of the uke! + tamborine) were just recorded through my laptop's built in microphone. Its very slap dash, but then i prefer to put down ideas quickly while they are fresh.

that's awesome man. way to be resourceful. can't wait to see what you come up with!

Messed about on garageband with my Uke and other instruments today, wrote this quick tune. Check it out on my Last FM page, its entitled "Uke Dance" for now:

soudns good haha :D

my ukulele doesn't sound the same when you record, you could hardly tell if its a mahalo or a Lanikai.. LMAO! sounds stupid.

This is really cool! I've never used Garageband, love what you've done with it though. That sounded really great.

Top Bottom