First Uke (a Jenny) is on the way!

account904

Reaction score
Somwhere between Indiana and Alabama is a yellow DHL truck with my new Bushman Jenny! It is a concert with a cutaway and looks fantastic in the pics i have seen.

Thanks to hoosierhiver for his assistance in helping me choose which uke was right for me. My only problem is that I must wait till Monday. arrgh.

Congratulations on your new uke! We love our Bushmans!!!

next uke

Deach,
Yes, I already have my next one planned, and I have not even played a note yet (on any uke!). Hah.

The Jenny is going to be my top uke for now. I am going to order a kit from Grizzly and put that together as my knocking around uke...take it on the plane, leave it at work, etc...they get good reviews. I actually bought one for my Dad as a birthday present. He was happy to get it...he used to have one back in the 50's during the last craze. He has not put it together yet, but I am excited about getting another one...they are about $18.00 on Amazon...and it is a playable instrument (once you build it of course)!

Jenny has arrived

The jenny has arrived and is everything I had hoped. A beautiful instrument...started learning chords right away...sounds great!

practicing

thanks hoosier....I have a new webcam on the way since my other crashed...it will be a priority to get a little video together...just learned Happy Birthday (C-G7-F...woo-hoo)...maybe I will do that for fun...

Having a little prior guitar experience really helps, and for me makes the Uke even more fun, switching from the more "serious" instrument.

I have ordered a nice hardshell case so I can take it with me, but today have it at work in the standard gigbag...closed my door to practice during lunch...won't be long before I am found out though...hopefully I will know a few songs by then...hah.

The only thing I would slightly fault Bushman on in this whole experience is the packing of the instument. I opened the outer box and it was just loosley packed with newspaper. Jenny was fine in the inner box, but it should have been a little more snug. Noticed on the Julia Nunes video hers was done the same way. But the instrument is fantastic, and I am so very pleased with it. Overall an A+!

Top Bottom