Fingerboard help?

TCK

Reaction score
I have decided I need an electric steel string uke, my wife has decided I am not buying an LP Risa...
SO....I am working off these plans, with the exception of hopefully making it have three different PUPS and a bunch of knobs and such, mostly because I think it will be fun.
Got the neck and the body roughed (pics in my profile), using a 1/4 inch walnut brace instead of a truss rod so I need to go short scale length. Anyone know of a source for just the fingerboard, in soprano or concert scale? I have built three cigar boxes and a lap steel, with ZERO woodworking experience or even skill (I make alot of sawdust), and the fingerboard looks like more than I can handle. I would have a go at it myself, but I have looked, and the tools to do this one uke are well over $100...and at that point I might as well buy the LP.
SO- I need a fingerboard. Preferably concert scale- and nothing else. The neck I can do (I hope). Would love the frets in it already, but it is not essential. Would prefer Rosewood, also not essential- any ideas?
Anyone want to whip one out for an enthusiastic beginner :) ?
Thanks in advance
Dave

Ordered mine from www.lmii.com Rob at LMI was very helpful and it took only a couple of days for them to make and ship it. He also makes his own ukes so knows what he is talking about.

Top Bottom