Check It! Ohana Delta Retro Resonator!

Mim

Reaction score
I am posting this because I know a lot of you guys have asked about them! I picked up for the shop an Ohana Resonator at NAMM! It sounded good in the hall, but it was soooo loud in there that I did not realize how good it sounded until I got it out! But my playing skills would never do it justice.

Then came Robb Lawrence. He was there with Hal Leonard and he is the author of The Early Years of the Les Paul Legacy and is opening a vintage guitar museum in Thousand Oaks. Nice guy, amazing player, and he said it was cool for me to take a vid of him trying out the Reso! I just wish I had more than a flip to capture the sound. But this will have to do!

The resonator part is hand-made and the cone is 1/3 the thickness of other cones. Seriously... my Recording King is nice and all in the world I need for my skill level, but this Ohana blows it out of the water!

Last edited:
Ooh, that's gorgeous. I'd love a go on it :)

Coincidentally, tonight at uke club I played my first ever resonator, it was a Johnson and I immediately fell in love with it. It might have been a combination of the lovely bluesy sound I like so much and the fact that it was a concert (I play a soprano) and I found it really comfortable, but anyway I was really tempted to run off with it and keep it for myself.

I also had a go on a banjolele, and that was... loud.

Cool! Are you selling this Mim or is this for your personal collection? I've been looking for nice wood body resonator...

Cool! Are you selling this Mim or is this for your personal collection? I've been looking for nice wood body resonator...

It is for sale! I have to "earn" another uke! So yes, if anyone wants it, it is up for grabs. It is pricey, but boy oh boy does it sound amazing.

Top Bottom