Kala ukes?

thx guys and should i buy a clip on tuner?

Definitely! I got one for Rich for Christmas, but I use it more than he does. (I may have some ocd issues when it comes to being in tune...)

Yes, yes and yes.

I've got a Kala KA-S Soprano and KA-T Tenor and for the price you can't beat them, I will soon be getting the Concert too.

Great choice, i got my Kala KA-S from MGM and i cant put it down. I took it to work today and played it in stead of my doing my job........:p But have fun and you wont be disappointed, he does a great job getting it set up for you.

I like my Kala, although admitting that will likely bring down the wrath of some of the "if it's not a custom hand-built uke with solid old-growth-forest wood and mammorth-ivory pegs it's crap" folks. I love the bright sound my tenor Kala has. I've got some notes on it and other ukes here:
www.ianchadwick.com/essays/ukuleles.htm

My Kala says it's a "Ka-Ks" (soprano) and I love it.

It is my first uke, received as a gift.

I'm impressed that the action is good, the
frets are tall (I like) and it's just well-made.

I've got a Kala KA-TE and I like it. Laminated koa sounds good acoustic and electric.

I've got my eye on this baby: KA-S8E Spruce Tenor 8 String What does everyone think? I like the sound of 8 strings, and that headstock is puuuurty.

I was messing around with one of those 8 string Kala's a couple of weeks ago it was a black one so I can't compare the sound to the one you are looking at.

It was different to play but I am still new, felt like playin a Mandolin. They sound really nice lots of wound strings so lots of sustained notes when strummed on the one I was playin.

I'd say go for it!!!!!

We got a Kala KA-S8E from MGM. It's pretty nice. There are a couple of songs I like to do that I won't play on anything else. It has such a nice rich sound with those octaves.

Top Bottom