C.F. & Co. Ukulele

bobby b

Reaction score
Can any one tell me anything about C.F. & Co. Ukuleles?

The label inside just says.

- hand made -
HAWAIIAN UKULELE
C.F. & Co.
Hawaii

Attachments

• 5366463450_dc9063073d.jpg
    5366463450_dc9063073d.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 5365849007_01c2cee548.jpg
    5365849007_01c2cee548.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 70
  • 5365845837_bb508ffd9a.jpg
    5365845837_bb508ffd9a.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 71
Anyone??

This one is for sale locally, they are asking $80. Just wanted to know more about it first.
C.F. & Co. prob has no affiliation or connection to C.F. Martin & Co. ......or does it? ,..........nah....?

Anyone??

This one is for sale locally, they are asking $80. Just wanted to know more about it first.
C.F. & Co. prob has no affiliation or connection to C.F. Martin & Co. ......or does it? ,..........nah....?

From the look of the pegs it could be 20s, or even teens.

It doesn't look like a bad uke for the money... but yeah, you're right. No affiliation with C.F. Martin (I'm 99.99999999% positive, at any rate).

Looks Mainland made, but an older one....I don't think quite as old as the teens. I don't know the brand but it looks like a solid old uke. I would think well worth the price if it plays/sounds ok. I wonder what the wood is....maybe birch? I would want to get a better look at that label.

Looks Mainland made, but an older one....I don't think quite as old as the teens. I don't know the brand but it looks like a solid old uke. I would think well worth the price if it plays/sounds ok. I wonder what the wood is....maybe birch? I would want to get a better look at that label.

Regal maybe?

Yeah, I was thinking Regal, especially from the body shape and that bridge. I wonder if it has been stripped of an original finish on the body? The reason I wonder is because of that knot below the bridge and how light the color is overall....It is hard to tell from the photo but does it look like it is missing the last fret? Can you go look at it in person to get a better idea?

This is the label

Attachments

• label ..jpg
    label ..jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
What I find curious about this uke is that it doesn't have a stacked heel, but rather is carved from one piece of wood. Also, looking at the webshots photos, the finish does appear original. Likely worth the money being asked if it plays well. May be one of those uke's that defies identification. That drives me crazy....I have two like that!

I have an old "Criterion" brand soprano (from Cincinnati Ohio) from the '20s that has a similar body shape (but with binding), and the same kind of fretboard/body joint. Mine is all birch, and the wood has a similar look to this one. You can kind of see it in this photo... it's the little reddish soprano with white binding. This picture was in the early days of my collection! And no, that is NOT a Martin 5K next to the Islander... just a cheap-o copy!

Attachments

• 100_2182.jpg
    100_2182.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom