why don't my parents play ukulele????

uke142464

Reaction score
AHHHHHHH WHERES MY UAS MEDS!!!!!!!!!!!JKAHSF[OIAHE L'AN]P
I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS KA-ST AND MY DAD IS MAKING ME WAIT UNTIL I HAVE ALL THE MONEY FOR IT BUT I DONT EVEN HAVE A JOBBBB!!!!!!:mad:
UGH, THIS IS HORRIBLE, ITS WORSE THAN WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=330250898719&Category=16224&_trksid=p3907.m29
LKAJSDIFUNA;LSKNVO'AIJFALKNSGFOIAKFNAHAHE
STUPID COMPUTER!!!KLJSDFOIANGLVAKDHF['OGNA'E'AVA
IAHRIJVGAISDHFJ'AIRHG'PAEJR'G
:(
maybe if my parents played ukulele they would buy me a bunch of ukes...

325134694.jpg

mmm... UAS meds.... lots of brands.... Kala... Koaloha... Pono... Martin... G-String.... DaSilva...

Of course, I have a rather complex case.... IAS (instrument, not just ukulele).

It hurts.

Especially when you're also a DIY freak and decide to blow a ton of money on parts to make an electric cello from scratch... but that's besides the point.

Anyhow. Back on subject.

And yeah... it would help if (our) parents played the uke as well, as then there'd be at least a few family ukes sitting around....

im kinda glad my parents don't start playing instruments... because i couldn't stand it, i can hardly stand me playing the uke.... so i don't think i could handle another person in my house sounding bad... even thoguh by saying that - i know i annoy them..

the thing that i don't understand is that my parents don't understand money hahaha - if they like it, they say "ill buy it" with out looknig at the price... but they will say to me "why spend $1000 on an ukulele or phone or ipod etc.." when you can buy clothes, buy stuff for you car etc..

i don't think i will ever get an ukulele bought for me haha :D people don't understand.

Well as a parent of a teenager, I would much rather buy my kids a ukulele than a Wii, guitar hero, rock band, a wii fit, a new cellphone, more computer... uh... well, um... not that I've actually bought those things for my kids... ;)

Also, if it's any consolation, I only have three ukes and only one was just a little over $100. So even though I'm an adult, I still haven't gotten the uke I really want. Yet...

I've been thinking of getting that uke in concert, or the Ohana RoundBack spruce top. I have a Mahaogany tenor and am looking to get a concert of a different wood. Anybody got any suggestions? I'm waiting on the koa until I get better at the uke but want to have all three sizes.

I've been thinking of getting that uke in concert, or the Ohana RoundBack spruce top. I have a Mahaogany tenor and am looking to get a concert of a different wood. Anybody got any suggestions? I'm waiting on the koa until I get better at the uke but want to have all three sizes.

I ordered it yesterday, Ill do a review when I get it

I'm on the other side of this one. I have a 10 year old who is so used to me playing music that he's unphased by it. A while ago he had a friend over & they were upstairs playing, came trampling down the stairs to find me sitting playing my uke & singing. My son kept running by me to continue whatever mission they were on, but his friend stopped dead. "Come on! She's just playing her ukuele!" my son yells.

Someday he'll figure out that he isn't growing up in the most normal of households... and hopefully appreciate it ;)

I'm on the other side of this one. I have a 10 year old who is so used to me playing music that he's unphased by it. A while ago he had a friend over & they were upstairs playing, came trampling down the stairs to find me sitting playing my uke & singing. My son kept running by me to continue whatever mission they were on, but his friend stopped dead. "Come on! She's just playing her ukuele!" my son yells.

Someday he'll figure out that he isn't growing up in the most normal of households... and hopefully appreciate it ;)

does he play any instruments?

Now that you have you two, you can give your dad lessons. (make sure he pays up front though)

Dawson's mom
Got it going on.....

You guys call THAT dating yourselves?! LOL! My turn!:

mythreesons.jpg

ozzie-harriet-6.jpg

LeaveItToBeaver.jpg

FatherKnowsBest.jpg

I'm not quite thirty, and I can name a lot of the ACTORS in those shots. But I grew up watching a lot of old TV.

My Three Sons, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, and... Who the heck are THOSE people?

The little girl looks like Angela Cartwright, who played Linda on Make Room for Daddy. The other two kids look the part, too. And the wife, well, there were two wives, I always had trouble there. But if that's Danny Thomas, it's the worst picture of him, ever.

Guess you're not that old...Father Knows Best -- with Marcus Welby M.D. (in his earlier days) and I THINK it's Ronald Reagan's ex-wife as Mrs. Anderson

Guess you're not that old...Father Knows Best -- with Marcus Welby M.D. (in his earlier days) and I THINK it's Ronald Reagan's ex-wife as Mrs. Anderson

I'm not old at all-- well, compared to a lot of people here I am, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm not. I just like old tv.

I remember that show, now. God, it's too treacly for me-- and the girls having names like "Princess" and "Kitten"? ugh.

Top Bottom