suggestions?

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am starting to consider getting a tenor uke, strictly acoustic. I was wondering if you all could give any suggestions. I have a concert I love so this would be just for fun and to try a tenor size out. I would say my price range is no more than $300 ( not set in stone). Is there any such animal that is decent at that price that you would recommend I look at? Thanks, rem

In that price range you are probably looking at a Mainland uke.

What about an Ohana TK35, all solid, beautifully made, and within your price range.

I will look into those, thanks! @ shaokee.... I take photos better than I play uke too! Ha! (That's what I do for a living)

@ shaokee.... I take photos better than I play uke too! Ha! (That's what I do for a living)

really? high five! :D wish i could say i do it for a living too, that would really be a dream come true. i'm only doing it part time now. better than nothing i guess haha.

+3 on Mainland - you can get the Mango for just over $300 and the richness of the tone on mine is pretty close to my KoAloha concert - though the Mainland definitely gives up a bit of volume to the KoAloha (but the KoAloha concert was over $700 - something about it darn well better be better than the Mainland LOL).

John

What about an Ohana TK35, all solid, beautifully made, and within your price range.

Have played the Ohana. If I ever bought a first tenor, it would be this.

+3 on Mainland - you can get the Mango for just over $300 and the richness of the tone on mine is pretty close to my KoAloha concert - though the Mainland definitely gives up a bit of volume to the KoAloha (but the KoAloha concert was over $700 - something about it darn well better be better than the Mainland LOL).

John
I have a koAloha concert sceptre and love it. Looked at the mainlands and they look very reasonable. Glad to hear they sound great too!

Aloha rem50,
At the risk of being rediculed, I have a KPK Deluxe Tenor that I can't put down, love everything about it. Little over 2 Benjamins. Good luck in your hunt.................BO................

I started mixing string on my Baritone D-G strings D'Addario or GHS and B-E Aquila. I got on knock on my door and it was the Analretentive Ukulele Police!!!! I am not making this up, be careful.

I recently received a Kala Acacia Tenor, and it really is amazing for it's price range. I've played other ukes in this range and so far it has been the most impressive out of all of them. I have yet to try mainland ukes however, which are highly recommended and are in the same price range. But if you get the Acacia, I would guarantee your satisfaction

I recently received a Kala Acacia Tenor, and it really is amazing for it's price range. I've played other ukes in this range and so far it has been the most impressive out of all of them. I have yet to try mainland ukes however, which are highly recommended and are in the same price range. But if you get the Acacia, I would guarantee your satisfaction
well I should listen to a fellow unicyclist! :) ! I own a 29, 26, 24"muni. Would like a 20" Torker DX!

well I should listen to a fellow unicyclist! :) ! I own a 29, 26, 24"muni. Would like a 20" Torker DX!

Nice, I just have a little torker unistar LX, can't do much with it, I'd really like a muni soon though, I've got tons of places to ride where I live. I've had mine since 09 but I stopped riding because I kept injuring my knee, but now I'm determined to condition my knee properly and ride again, no excuses! I can't decide whether I would like a 24 or a 26 though. And howd you know I ride?

Back on topic, you can find many sound clips of the Acacia tenor on youtube, I have mine strung with low G Fremont blacklines and I have a review with some soundclips on the end. I also have a Ohana TK-35g, which most of my videos are, and is also a very fine instrument.

Nice, I just have a little torker unistar LX, can't do much with it, I'd really like a muni soon though, I've got tons of places to ride where I live. I've had mine since 09 but I stopped riding because I kept injuring my knee, but now I'm determined to condition my knee properly and ride again, no excuses! I can't decide whether I would like a 24 or a 26 though. And howd you know I ride?

Back on topic, you can find many sound clips of the Acacia tenor on youtube, I have mine strung with low G Fremont blacklines and I have a review with some soundclips on the end. I also have a Ohana TK-35g, which most of my videos are, and is also a very fine instrument.
saw it in a previous post. Are you a photographer too? That's what I do. I may be interested in selling my 24"muni, I really want a tenor uke. I bought a homemade one fron krashin Kenny on the uni forum and it is indestructible! Ha! Can't wait to hear a kala Acacia, rem

Top Bottom