Home in Pasadena

Schweet. What a cool tune and nice whistle solo again!
I like and thanks!

Harry warren wrote some magical tunes.
I remember a good version of this one done in the UK many years ago by a trad jazz outfit called the Temperance Seven.
I really enjoyed your treatment of this one.Well done.

I like that song. The first time I heard it was at my first visit to a local ukulele group. It is such a peaceful, happy song, perfect for the ukulele. Nice performance!

–Lori

Thank you, Lori and Al. I have that Temperence 7 recording; its the best one ever. I think "Everybody Loves my Baby" is on the B-side.

Very nicely done, great feel, that's a great sounding uke too.
DAP

thanks, DAP! That's a 1960 Martin O - not so sure I like the Aquilas on it; thinking of switching over to Worths or a set of Aquila guts that I just got and had better use soon before they go all slack!

Simply brilliant John. Man I love your stuff...your voice is so well suited to those ol' tunes and your playing is top shelf mate. Bravo my friend!!! :)

Hey, Jon!

Thanks, mate. I appreciate your good opinion. :)

I think this is one you might enjoy playing; you'd certainly sound good!

John, that was awesome. Love the fan(?) stroke at the bridge. I really like this era music the most on the uke. Gonna have to learn this one.

Thanks for posting. Wonderful!

John- I would kill to have that fan stroke. Another great video mate, thanks as always for posting it. More inspiration!

John, you should be making money out of your playing and singing, and lots of it. Consistently AWESOME. I wants to be ya agent... :cool:

Hi, newbie in UK here. I had an inspiration to play Pasadena and I wound up here. Could you please post the chord sequence for your video, I was most impressed and would like to have a go at a favourite song. I had a uke for my birthday in October and, for a pianist, am having great fun with it.

As I didn't get a reply to my last (OK, first) query I carried on looking and found Jim Bottorf's site http://www.jbott.com/hompasa1.htmlwhich has the chords in the original key ,Eb, rather than the Bb played by the Temperance 7. Not realising it was in a different key, I have now learned it and find it's beyond my vocal range,Doh! As the chords seem (to me at least) easier to change through I can play along with the Al Jolson version on youtube but not the brilliant version by John or the Temp. 7 version.
How do you do that circular fan stroke? I believe it's flying in the face of nature to be able to do that!

Top Bottom