Mahalo TELECASTER Uke!

rclifford13

Reaction score
Hey guys,
As previously mentioned, I am a sufferer of UAS :uhoh:, so when I saw this mahalo telecaster uke in a store today, I could not resist:

Image010.jpg

Have you guys ever seen this uke before? its actually really, really good value for money ($60 Australian dollars ~ $50 US dollars). Definitely good for a beginner/intermediate player. This baby will proudly join my collection forever!

man i love tht tele shape! it reminds me of Joe Strummer!

For that money, you can hang it on the wall and still be happy. Can you plug it in? What about action / playability? I mean, cheap and cool, but does it do what it's supposed to?

Looking forward to your rock video ;)

i must have it :eek:D
i go to find them and buy :D

@ Ame: yes, i have one of them too (haha!) look at my avatar picture. theyre absolutely amazing.

Quick review of the uke:

Sound: not bad for a cheap uke. very loud. comes with black nylon GHS strings, they do the job. nothing special.

Action: Fine. no problems there.

Playability: this uke feels great in my hands, i find myself wanting to play it more than my expensive ukes (?). Its quite large, tenor size at least.

One big problem, and you can expect this, is that the uke is about 50 cents flat at the twelfth fret, and is generally flat in the high register.
In other words - only good for chords.

i love it though. especially the headstock...
for anyone interested, there is also a mahalo model in the shape of a les paul out there..

Hey guys,
As previously mentioned, I am a sufferer of UAS :uhoh:, so when I saw this mahalo telecaster uke in a store today, I could not resist:

Image010.jpg

Have you guys ever seen this uke before? its actually really, really good value for money ($60 Australian dollars ~ $50 US dollars). Definitely good for a beginner/intermediate player. This baby will proudly join my collection forever!

Hey that's a quite cool uke:cool:

@ Ame: yes, i have one of them too (haha!) look at my avatar picture. theyre absolutely amazing.

Quick review of the uke:

Sound: not bad for a cheap uke. very loud. comes with black nylon GHS strings, they do the job. nothing special.

Action: Fine. no problems there.

Playability: this uke feels great in my hands, i find myself wanting to play it more than my expensive ukes (?). Its quite large, tenor size at least.

One big problem, and you can expect this, is that the uke is about 50 cents flat at the twelfth fret, and is generally flat in the high register.
In other words - only good for chords.

i love it though. especially the headstock...
for anyone interested, there is also a mahalo model in the shape of a les paul out there..

rclifford13, is that review for the Mahalo or for the Kiwaya?
Because the Kiwaya is neither cheap nor loud nor do the Les Paul or the Telecaster I have have any "flat at the twelth fret"-problems nor do I find the GHS strings acceptable.

I found a link for the telecaster and the les paul. Now I just need to decide which one I want! They're cheap enough that I can mess around with it and try experiment with a few of Nuke's videos (install strap holders, a pickup etc.).

It is worth looking over the mahalo factory site, I know what you mean about the fun aspect of Mahalo's in general and they are certainly at the front of the cheapulele revolution.
However I have to say, they do make some of the ugliest instruments in the world....I know it is uncharitable but take a look at their Reso-guitars

Mahalo parent company

Ps the strat, les paul and flying v models are all fun shapes that bring people in to the uke, I can't fault them for it.

rclifford13, is that review for the Mahalo or for the Kiwaya?
Because the Kiwaya is neither cheap nor loud nor do the Les Paul or the Telecaster I have have any "flat at the twelth fret"-problems nor do I find the GHS strings acceptable.

sorry WS64, that was a review for the mahalo. the les paul kiwaya k-wave is amazing.. i saw you playing yours on youtube, and i have the exact same one!
if anyone wants to see the les paul uke in action, i have a video on youtube...

Top Bottom