saw Jake last night

Keef

Reaction score
saw jake last night at the Kravits center for performing arts in florida he was great and he signed my uke I didnt get to sleep until 1:30 am its gonna be a good day at work today:cool:

ace8b92f.jpg

Way cool! Wish Jake would venture "up" into N. Alabama or even Atlanta for a gig. And signed your Sceptre! Bet you dreamed Bohemian Rhapsody or Crazy G all night.

yep Taimane and jake both signed it now if I could just figure out how to meet Aldrine
meanwhile I need to start making up a new song
practice practice practice

Last edited:
Glad you had fun. Excellent concert, no? When did he start adding his last name? Or did you ask him specially?

Yes it was great I enjoyed how he had a little story between each song .
I just introduced my self and thanked him for traveling 6000 miles just to play in my back yard then he signed it as he saw fit then I got away from the crowd so nothing would smear the paint pen as it dried :)

Last edited:
Matt your on my list too one day I hope to meet you and ask you to sign my uke

Keef, We've really missed you around here! Glad to see you back!

looks like im going to catch Jake again in clearwater Florida march 2012 :D

Way cool! Wish Jake would venture "up" into N. Alabama or even Atlanta for a gig. And signed your Sceptre! Bet you dreamed Bohemian Rhapsody or Crazy G all night.

Jake will be in Atlanta on March 31, 2012. I haven't bought my tickets yet. I was hoping to get several people from S.E. Ukers to buy at the same time so we could sit together.

Thanks for the reminder - just ordered tickets for a January show in Tacoma, WA - 2nd row seats. It's odd, since the show the night before in Edmonds (about 20 miles north of Seattle) is nearly sold out. Either that or they have a lot of seats blocked out for some reason. Maybe it's part of a series at that theater. I'm really looking forward to it. It's my birthday week so I thought that would be a good way to celebrate (as if going to Costa Rica the week before that isn't enough celebration LOL).

It will be Jake's 3rd trip to Edmonds.
He's developed a following.
Plus it's a small venue - no bad seats.

The wife and I made a 3 1/2 hour drive to see Jake in Springfield, Illinois. It would have been worth it if we had to make a 30 1/2 hour drive. The venue was very cool, in that it held only 250 people, or so. The sound was so crystal clear. And of course, Jake blew everyone away in a 90 minute show.

He played a lot of the usuals but also played Ukelele Five-O and Go For Broke. My favorite was "In My Life" simply because of the emotion that poured out of that soundhole, but the overall crowd favorites were Bohemian Rhapsody and his updated version of WMGGW (very different improv, but very, very cool). Of course he got the Standing "O" and for an encore said, "Let's have some fun!", and then proceeded to announce he was going to give his first public performance of "Don't Stop Believin'". He cautioned that is was still a work-in-progress, but it sounded pretty darned good to me.

I had brought my Uke to be signed, but at the end of the concert Jake didn't make any mention of a "meet and greet" so my initial thought was disappointment. But as the crowd emptied out there were about 5 of us left there holding uke cases, and someone took the leadership to start to go back behind the curtain, and the rest followed. As anyone who has ever met the man knows, he immediately came out and was very gracious with his time to each individual. When I got my chance to talk with him after acting like a babbling idiot gushing all over him, I then asked him if the reports of his music book finally coming out in April were true. Not only did he say it was true, but that he thought it would be much sooner than that. Said the tabs are being checked now. I also asked if he planned to produce more lessons for the Ipad OnTheMusicPath App. He was not very encouraging there, and added that he had started to work on an instructional DVD, but found out it was very hard to do. Got my uke signed, wife took some great pictures, and as we turned around to go out saw the line had gotten considerably longer. What a great experience.

When I watched him on stage my thoughts were, this man is not human. When I met him my thoughts were, this man is incredibly humane.

Top Bottom