Warning re: Bushman Ukuleles

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Just received this email from Bushman Ukuleles:

We've run into another problem getting our ukuleles in. If you are still waiting on one of our ukuleles, please call us at 812-988-8084. Most of the orders that were paid for in advance have been shipped; however, if you have paid for one of our ukuleles and still haven't received it, call us right away so we can make refund arrangements.

Our Bushman World Ukulele Video Contest is going well. Many great submissions have come in already; you can see them here. Due to the fact that our ukulele shipment has been delayed, ALL CONTEST PRIZES WILL BE PAID IN CASH as opposed to a merchandise credit.

Although you can place an order for one of our Bushman Jenny or Bushman Cedar Tone ukuleles right now, we will not be shipping any new orders until April. If you call in your order to 812-988-8084, you don't even need to give us a credit card number; we can call and get it from you in April when we'll be shipping your order.

John
Bushman Music Works
812-988-8084

Several of the winners of last year's video competition told me they're still waiting for their prizes from Bushman. Caveat emptor.

These problems just seem to go on and on with Bushman, and I am staggered at how after several years of bother, they still cant get it right.

On the ukulele hunt site is a story about this, and the fact they have launched this years uke competition. What is appalling is that having launched this years comp, Bushman still havent honoured a previous winner, despite that winner having spent money upgrading the prize!! The 2009 winner - still without a uke in 2011, having given Bushman more money!!

See - http://ukulelehunt.com/buy-ukulele/brands/bushman-ukulele/comment-page-1/#comment-725

Its really not on in my opinion, and I certainly wouldn't consider sending my hard earned clams to such a company.

I love me a good bushman-bashing thread..

who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-failure-demotivational-poster.jpg

I've always wanted to do that thing where you get "in before the lock."

Granted that business is hard to do, especially with international suppliers, but this type of systemic problem will eventually lead to the markets turning away from Bushman and lead to the company's failure.

sitting here reading with Jenny in my hands

yEAH, IT'S SAD AND i GUESS TRUE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S REAL NICE WHEN YOU'VE GOT ONE AND ESPECIALLY A BARITONE, LIGHT AS A FEATHER, RICH AS GOLDEN TREACLE SLIPPIN' DOWN THE BARREL OF A SAWED OFF SHOTGUN SITTIN' IN THE MIDDAY SUN. Y'ALL HEAR ME NOW! aND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THAT jENNY SITTIN' IN MY ARMS RIGHT NOW. sHE MAY HAVE BEEN A LITTLE HARD TO GET, A LITTLE SHY AND COY AT FIRST, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT i'M TALKIN' ABOUT. dOWNHOME FINE.

Keep hearing this about Bushman. That's too bad. They must have real trouble with their stock/inventory - can't believe the winner still hasn't received their prize.

I do want to say that I was one of the honorable mentions in the 2009 contest and DID receive my prize in a timely fashion. However, I ordered a melodica with my prize winnings instead of a uke - so that's probably why.

The contest they have is fun, but a uke company that can't supply the ukes that have been paid for should probably focus on their getting their product to their customers as opposed to a contest.

yEAH, IT'S SAD AND i GUESS TRUE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S REAL NICE WHEN YOU'VE GOT ONE AND ESPECIALLY A BARITONE, LIGHT AS A FEATHER, RICH AS GOLDEN TREACLE SLIPPIN' DOWN THE BARREL OF A SAWED OFF SHOTGUN SITTIN' IN THE MIDDAY SUN. Y'ALL HEAR ME NOW! aND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THAT jENNY SITTIN' IN MY ARMS RIGHT NOW. sHE MAY HAVE BEEN A LITTLE HARD TO GET, A LITTLE SHY AND COY AT FIRST, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT i'M TALKIN' ABOUT. dOWNHOME FINE.

Alrighty then....

Well that settles it, it's not the Bushman is terribly unreliable about sending out ukuleles, it's just that the ukuleles are coy. Downhome fine. :D

aND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THAT jENNY SITTIN' IN MY ARMS RIGHT NOW. sHE MAY HAVE BEEN A LITTLE HARD TO GET, A LITTLE SHY AND COY AT FIRST, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT i'M TALKIN' ABOUT.

Yeah, sounds like those ads I see on Craigslist

kimosabe - nobody is knocking the ukulele itself - in fact the reviews I've read on them all seem to suggest they are lovely instruments -the problem is in their customer service.

Personally, I think Mainland have stolen their thunder, and long may that continue.

There are people still doing "business" with bushman? I mean: really???:biglaugh:

I'm not defending the company. I've never bought from them. I have bought used Bushmen and I only really rave about my Bushman baritone which I will never sell. It's light as a feather and just resonates so nicely. Great neck. My Jenny is okay but doesn't compare to my Kanilea. I have an Ohana concert that I prefer to my Jenny. Bushman was one of the first companies to get the new wave of ukes going. Buyer beware.

I have a Bushman Koa made in 2006 that is lovely. I did not purchase it from Bushman either.

Yes, my Bushman was bought second hand. It was a Jenny from 2005 and it was bright and nice. I traded it, but only because I didn't like the gloss finish.

I don't recommend buying from John Hall or Bushman. My Ukulele is nice but it came (June 2009) with no or a really poor set-up it had very bad string height, sharp frets and a split along the bodies binding which I have photos of still. ALL of which John Hall had excuses for, "the guy in the shop blah blah blah" and "must of been dropped in shipping" THOUGH the box had NO damage at all. After hearing about major delays if I wanted to replace my Bushman and in fear of what I'd read about slow return issues and even weeks of wait for credit card refunds. I just opted to pay out of my pocket and have a local guy set it up and make the repairs. John offered me a case for free...It never came due to "delays" then he offers me $100 off my next Bushman. Till this day I still have that credit w/ them. Just too risky for me. It's a nice instrument now and sounds solid BUT unless you're a gambling person I wouldn't risk the chance of delays, damages or poor quality product. If you do want a Bushman BUY it second hand from someone you trust.

Wow, this is the longest I have seen a bushman thread last without being locked.

Yes, my Bushman was bought second hand. It was a Jenny from 2005 and it was bright and nice. I traded it, but only because I didn't like the gloss finish.

Did you buy it from me? I had a 2005 concert. Nice but I ended up thinking it sounded a bit bright for me. Just my opinion. It was a fine uke that I bought from a local music store in Louisville.

Picard FTW.

Top Bottom