Kamaka KKeiki soprano uke and vintage case <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
Kkeiki, made by Kamaka in Japan, even though it says Hawaiian Handmade on gold label.{ supposedly assembled inn Hawaii ! }
This was my first ukulele. Bought it from a pawn shop many moons ago.
Selling because I don't play it.
Very lightly built, mellow woody tone. All solid mahogany. Very nice grain, the back has that 3d ribboning that comes out at the right angle.

Flaws:

bridge reglued with what appears to be epoxy, sloppy job.
Top crack from about the middle distance between soundhole and bridge to end. Doesn't move when pressed and stable.
Separation at heel, about 1 inch long. Hasn't ever changed, doesn't move. bottom of heel has shrunk a little more than top, so a small ridge, can see in pict.
Small crack where fretboard is over body.
Back has shrunk away from sides in several places ,not really that noticeable unless you look closely.
Top has settled some between bridge and soundhole.

That being said, this is really a sweet instrument. No back or side cracks, original functional tuners, and finish, and cool vintage chipboard case. Headstock decal in very good shape considering it's age.Fretboard has some wear, but plays and frets nicely. The sides of frets do stick out a little, I think the neck must have shrunk. Could definitely be sanded , I'll leave that for the next owner.
$125 shipped to lower 48. will charge only actual postage to anywhere else.

more picts go to

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/

Attachments

• uu.jpg
    uu.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 79
Aloha Strum Silly,
That's a great deal and looks in pretty good condition...is it sold yet??? mm stan

picture of case

meant to post picture of cool case , in pretty good shape.
here it is.

Attachments

• sunset 003.jpg
    sunset 003.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 6
  • sunset 004.jpg
    sunset 004.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom