Looking for pineapple ukes that are somewhat unique -- not mass produced

Reaction score
I have had a few customers asking me for pineapple ukes that also play VERY well. I am just kind of doing some research at this point and am also considering placing an initial order with a couple different makers that I may be adding to my store, which would involve stocking a few. I need to research that a bit more before I invest. In the mean time, I'd really prefer to find someone who makes a few each year and may have a couple on hand I could buy and put in my store or maybe just send my customer to them directly? Seems a lot of the smaller regional luthiers are usually out of stock so just kind of putting this out here as an A.P.B. to see what others have experienced.

Thanks,
John, Seattle

Aloha John,
Welcometo the UU and the forums.. I see you intrested in custom high end pineapple ukes that is made on a low volume basis....there are some builder/members here and some in Hawaii where I live...
I've seen a few garage/workshop ones in hawaii, but did not catch my fancy either in looks or sound or both...that doesn't mean there arn't any...I just haven't come across any extrodinary ones...alot of good
ones though.. plus I'm partial to Kamaka Pineapples because they invented that design and they sound pretty good to me and have perfected them throughout the years..just curious, any other criteria
or budget range... Good Luck, and let us know how it works out for you and who you choose.....

I second the recommendation of Mike Pereira's ukes (mpukuleles.com). And though not quite pineapple shaped, the Boat Paddle M-style ukes are highly regarded and come in several sizes.

g'day John,

Wanting to 2nd dnewton's mention of Emil Bader's pineapple ukuleles. Always of high quality and retail is very reasonable.

Top Bottom