PDA

View Full Version : Dont any of you have any common sense?

Boozelele
07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Ok, so I read the entire thread about the Koalana (Koaloha) Concert ukes offered by MGM. And since apparently they are a cheap knock off, with crappy tuners, poor workmanship, and I can't really afford one anyway, I think I'll buy one. That is of course unless one of you gives me a good reason not to. Anyone? :confused:

(and by "good reason not to" I of course am looking for someone to tell me to go ahead and do it...I mean screw common sense, right?)

SailQwest
07-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Go ahead and do it...screw common sense! :D

freedive135
07-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I think they sound nice and play well but on week 7 of learning what do I know?????

I would be owning a Soprano right now if it didn't have a crack in the back.
(should I have gotten it anyway? as I have one too!!)

I'd say get it and if you don't like it make it a prize or a gift!!!!!

deach
07-12-2008, 09:24 AM

I'd say get it and if you don't like it make it a prize or a gift!!!!!

Who the heck would do a thing like that?

uke142464
07-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Who the heck would a thing like that?

ahahaha:p you mean would "do" a thing like that

deach
07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
ahahaha:p you mean would "do" a thing like that

I knew I forgot something. :confused:

RON<>VA
07-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Ok, so I read the entire thread about the Koalana (Koaloha) Concert ukes offered by MGM. And since apparently they are a cheap knock off, with crappy tuners, poor workmanship, and I can't really afford one anyway, I think I'll buy one. That is of course unless one of you gives me a good reason not to. Anyone? :confused:

(and by "good reason not to" I of course am looking for someone to tell me to go ahead and do it...I mean screw common sense, right?)

OK, the votes on in and have been tabulated. By a vast majority, you are instructed to buy the uke and do it now! Yes, now! Every day you delay, you just lose some ukejoy.

RON<>VA
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
O.K. 4 minutes have gone by since my last post. Have you ordered the darn thing yet or not? Just asking???

Boozelele
07-12-2008, 10:42 AM
O.K. 4 minutes have gone by since my last post. Have you ordered the darn thing yet or not? Just asking???

HA! almost. but it's Saturday. And If I was living in Hawaii I wouldn't be working today, so I was going to allow a little more time for voting. But unless I hear a big "DONT DO IT!" in the next hour or so....im going to click the Buy It Now button........so if anyone is going to try to talk me out of it.....you better hurry.

RON<>VA
07-12-2008, 10:49 AM
HA! almost. but it's Saturday. And If I was living in Hawaii I wouldn't be working today, so I was going to allow a little more time for voting. But unless I hear a big "DONT DO IT!" in the next hour or so....im going to click the Buy It Now button........so if anyone is going to try to talk me out of it.....you better hurry.

What could possibly be said by anyone in the next hour or so that is going to pry your finger off the Buy It Now button?

deach
07-12-2008, 10:54 AM

DONT DO IT!!!!!!

Get a Koaloha...

polynesianpop
07-12-2008, 11:10 AM
But unless I hear a big "DONT DO IT!" in the next hour or so....im going to click the Buy It Now button........so if anyone is going to try to talk me out of it.....you better hurry.

You better move fast ... I might just beat you to it ... ;)

deach
07-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Are you getting the concert or soprano?

Boozelele
07-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Are you getting the concert or soprano?

Concert...i think.....

deach
07-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Concert...i think.....

Cool! I'll pitch in and pay for the free shipping.

Boozelele
07-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Cool! I'll pitch in and pay for the free shipping.

Can I upgrade to the "Naked Al Roker delivery service"?

deach
07-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Can I upgrade to the "Naked Al Roker delivery service"?

Of course !

uke142464
07-12-2008, 11:55 AM
in response to the thread name. in the words of butters
"well no, not really"

MGM
07-12-2008, 12:18 PM
hey im in Hawaii and working ...no fair,,,,,,but i just got off the Phone and ordered myself a Earnest Stradalele from Joel Eckhouse complete with MGM on the fretboard and inlayed with "not for sale" Sa'le is a good friend of mine but it aint his....mine all mine lol

Boozelele
07-12-2008, 12:59 PM
hey im in Hawaii and working ...no fair,,,,,,but i just got off the Phone and ordered myself a Earnest Stradalele from Joel Eckhouse complete with MGM on the fretboard and inlayed with "not for sale" Sa'le is a good friend of mine but it aint his....mine all mine lol

Well, since you are working today...I feel obligated to create more work for you by ordering this uke. No one convinced me that is was a bad idea...so here goes.

MGM
07-12-2008, 01:22 PM
ahhh what a bummer .. more freet dressing and string changing and packing and polishing and....oh heck what am I complaining about i do that working or not lol

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-12-2008, 06:52 PM

i was born with out common sense, i also won't develop common sense... i think common sense holds you back.. haha! buy buy buy :cool:

14twelve
07-13-2008, 04:08 AM
So did you do it??? If you did, congrats on the new uke!! One thing I love about buying from MGM is the tracking email. You can see where it is every step of the way. For some reason it makes waiting a lot easier :)

Hope you enjoy it! I've been wondering about the Koalana too. Let us know what you think of it.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-13-2008, 04:09 AM
So did you do it??? If you did, congrats on the new uke!! One thing I love about buying from MGM is the tracking email. You can see where it is every step of the way. For some reason it makes waiting a lot easier :)

Hope you enjoy it! I've been wondering about the Koalana too. Let us know what you think of it.

tracking email? explain please =]

SailQwest
07-13-2008, 04:13 AM
When MGM ships a ukulele, he sends you an e-mail with the carrier's tracking number. The you can go to the carrier's site and check on the shipping status.

I agree with 14twelve, it makes the waiting easier!

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-13-2008, 04:21 AM
When MGM ships a ukulele, he sends you an e-mail with the carrier's tracking number. The you can go to the carrier's site and check on the shipping status.

I agree with 14twelve, it makes the waiting easier!

makes things easier for his customers. i will buy form him once i have paid off everything, im looking forward to buy something off somebody... is that sad?? or is it just me?

paulthebaker
07-13-2008, 04:30 AM
I really love my Koalana Concert, I did buy a set of Koalana tuners off of ebay and will change them out when I change strings.

aloha from the redneck riviera

mr_dust
07-13-2008, 04:40 AM
I also love my Koalana , I think it has a great sound (comparing to my other ones) and great playability, so if I were you I would have bought it:D

Boozelele
07-13-2008, 07:22 AM

Yes, I bought it. It will ship on Monday. Since it only has to come a short distance (across half of the Pacific Ocean) it shouldn't take long. But I always track packages. That way I know when it is on it's way to my apartment and I can be sitting on the curb waiting. :uhoh:

14twelve
07-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes, I bought it. It will ship on Monday. Since it only has to come a short distance (across half of the Pacific Ocean) it shouldn't take long. But I always track packages. That way I know when it is on it's way to my apartment and I can be sitting on the curb waiting. :uhoh:

LOL! That's something I would probably do if it was coming to my home. Instead, without tracking I'd be driving 20 minutes to my po box every day just in case it's there :) I'm so bad at waiting for anything.

Plainsong
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I head to the post office custom's office before I get the package notice. I just wait for it to say that it's there in the local tracking, and then head off. They hate it when you do that. ;)

Congrats, and I'm glad the UU crew was here to enable you in my absence!

fxmatador
07-14-2008, 11:51 PM
No matter what ukulele you buy from MGM you know you're getting a playable ukulele right out of the box. And he does have 100% satisfaction guarantee.