Deach is SO AWESOME!!!

SailQwest

Reaction score
As you may remember, Deach recently had another ukulele giveaway. I won (I used our anniversary date as a guess; I think that's some kind of a sign).

Anyway, I donated the ukulele to misteruke for one of his students.

So Deach has been hinting that he was sending me something (since I donated the Applause), and today I got it in the mail: a Papa's Boxes Cigar Box Ukulele!

Deach, you are SO AWESOME! I love you for sending me this incredible gift!!! So what am I going to do with it??? Turn it into a portable beach party!!!

It's now outfitted with a flask full of rum and a stack of shot glasses. So now we can take this to the beach, do some shots, and play some music!

Yeah, Deach! You da mon!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

IMG_1015-1.jpg

IMG_1020-1.jpg

There need to be more people that show up to the beach with a uke full of liquor!

I agree! We'll try to start a trend!!!

Amen to that. "Wait... you not only have a ukulele, you have a ukulele full of liquor?!"

Can't wait to hear you playin this one, it's a beauty!!

We're hoping to do a video before we go out on our next charter.

Very nice.

so what kind a rum ya go in the flask? I got some 14year reserve from Jamaica i havent opened up yet.

The rum is Cruzan Clipper, a local spiced rum. It's yummy and cheap ($5.49/liter)!

Nice real nice....

I've been lookin at a cigar box uke at the local store cant decide if I should pull the trigger or not.
Just played with a Kala Maple Soprano that was a fight not to take to the counter.

Where in the VI are you? I lived on St Croix for about a year workin as a PADI Inst.

Haha. I feel dumb. I never knew you could open up a cigar box uke. I just thought they built them out of a cigar box. That is pretty awesome...doubly awesome for the contents of that uke.

Where in the VI are you? I lived on St Croix for about a year workin as a PADI Inst.

We're based in St. Thomas, but we charter in the US Virgin Islands and British Virgin Islands. Gonna spend some time in St. Croix this summer (we're hauling out our boat there). My husband and I are both PADI instructors. BTW, We lived in Colorado for 20 years before moving to the Virgins.

Haha. I feel dumb. I never knew you could open up a cigar box uke. I just thought they built them out of a cigar box. That is pretty awesome...doubly awesome for the contents of that uke.

I got the idea from something Howlin' Hobbit mentioned on the thread about Russ_Buss's cigar box uke. So when Deach sent me this great cigar box ukulele, I knew just what to do with it!!!

Deach is SO AWESOME!!!

Rich & I have been taking turns playing the new ukulele and it is so cool! Besides the nifty concept, it's a great instrument! The sound is similar to a banjo; kind of twangy. The action is very nice. And the intonation is perfect! Thanks, Deach!!!

Also, my kitty seems to like it... :D

IMG_1028.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg

Top Bottom