What is the best kind of strings to put on my Lanikai LU-21T. I have the stock ghs ones it right now. I have a set of D'Addarios. but i heard that Aquila nylguts and the Ko'olau Golds sound well on it. And what do you guys think about tuning low G? How does that make it sound better? Suggestions and opinions are welcome :) thanks for your time

mr.happy

i remember i wanted new strings on my Lu-21T and i got told from basically everybody that Aquila were the better option. i forgot what type etc... but yeh! :nana:

yea, as long as theyre in tune they sound fine, but all strings sound bad out of tune

hahaha true.. i remember before i got a tuner i had it out of tune and it sucked... but ghs strings are good for songs like dragon and such because it gives a nice sound off the tapping and what not...

close to you - i think i would rather strings to make the ukulele brighter etc.. but thats my opinion :music:

stocks Ftw!

hahaha true.. i remember before i got a tuner i had it out of tune and it sucked... but ghs strings are good for songs like dragon and such because it gives a nice sound off the tapping and what not...

close to you - i think i would rather strings to make the ukulele brighter etc.. but thats my opinion :music:

stocks Ftw!

the worth brown strings on my lu-21t are great for that song. and you'd be surprised on how much clearer the notes are on dragon, UR.

i changed mine from the stock strings since one of them broke after 6 months or so. i guess i was noobing it too hard back then.

What is the best kind of strings to put on my Lanikai LU-21T. I have the stock ghs ones it right now. I have a set of D'Addarios. but i heard that Aquila nylguts and the Ko'olau Golds sound well on it. And what do you guys think about tuning low G? How does that make it sound better? Suggestions and opinions are welcome :) thanks for your time

mr.happy

i am happy with the ko'olau golds low G strings on my LU-21TE. they were an improvement on the stock GHS strings. as for choosing between high G and low G, it's not a matter of one sounding better than the other. it's a personal preference. some people will tell you low G will make it sound less like an ukulele. but i like it because if gives you some more options for solos. just another reason to have two ukes. one low G, one high G.

Top Bottom